Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wool Pad/Foam Pad/Products/whats ur Flavor
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 04:28 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wool Pad/Foam Pad/Products/whats ur Flavor

I know this has been discussed before I am sure, but I wanted to start a thread to see who is still using the tried and true wool pads these days and with what products...

I know for many new guys foam is the safest way to go, but allot of us who have been doing this for a long time still use wool... some don't and I know this, but I want to see why some of you have really switched...

I don't think there is much benefit using foam pads for cutting with compound unless you are doing a dark color... It does make less work with the Mirror Glaze products I have used over the years on dark colors to really remove all the hazing/scratches from the wool... I don't know if it would be less an issue with different products.. ie.. 3M, Presta, Nortons etc...but I will soon find out as I am switching to Presta's System as each one of my compound/polish/swirl remover runs out it will be replaced and with the Presta Pads as well..

Many of you use 3M.. Have you ever tried different brands?? If so what and why do you still use what you are using...

I thought this might be an informative thread for those who may be approaching buffing stages, and I am always eager to see why people do what they do.... Never to old or knowledgeable to learn in this gig...

I will put a pole