Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wool Pad/Foam Pad/Products/whats ur Flavor
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

since this is basically a car and truck forum i went for wool and perfect it 2. on cars i use exactly that then switch to black foam when i polish. on bikes i cant use a wool pad. there are too many vent holes and edges that the wool pads like to grab and tear up. the foam gives much more control in tight areas and edges. on big areas like on cars the wool just cuts faster and works nicer. bk, i know i have gone over it with you but i have yet to find anything as good as the perfect it 2 so i figured i'd do a quick test. i had a trunk lid all wetsanded down to 2000. seperated it into 3 sections. all with a wool pad. did one with the perfect 2, one with presta ultra cutting creme and one with perfect it 3000. after 2 passes i have to say the 2 and presta were damn close. the 3000 wasn't even in the picture. i think the 2 is still just a little bit nicer and works a little better but not by much. the presta is supposed to be water based (i think) so, for health reasons and since they were so close i think i'm switchin to the presta.