Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wool Vs. Foam Pad?
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:38 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Ive been using the foam pads for over a decade now.. dang Im gettin old, anyways I too like the way the wool pad cuts and I have one in the drawer in case I need it, but I think that Mirror glaze pads are far far better pads than the 3M waffle pads.. Foam is the way to go especially for a new guy getting started, lets face it everyone and I mean everyone burns through the clear or ss the first few times they start buffing... It is just the way it is, so if you are using foam pads it takes more effort to burn through...plus they leave much less scratches that you have to worry about getting out..

Jim has hipped me to the 2000# stepped up to the 4000 on the DA... It makes buffing sooooo much easier.. You can compound in 1 pass, then polish and call the customer.... and if you have any heavier scratches that you thought were out, they will show when you use the 4000# and you can fix that before compounding... Just makes for a faster job... I think on overalls it is faster if you start with 800 on the DA and work your way up, for panel repairs I just use Nikkens 2000 wet and then step up to the 4000

Matthew