Work. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2004, 12:16 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Work.

I love work because when I get the chance do it I get paid. Unfortunately I don't get the chance to do it as often as I'd like. Any one bothering to read this already knows why.

When I do get the chance to work. I usually have to do it for the same rates as the guy in the '70s got. Not good in the new century. Anyone that has read any of my previous posts knows why.

I compete for work every day. I compete with people whos presence in this country, as defined by law, is illegal. Naturalized citizens from all over the world compete along side me. We find it frustrating and extremely difficult to compete with people that are allowed to break employment, tax and wage laws with inpunity.

We cannot compete with a group of people with the ability to charge 30-40 percent less because they don't pay taxes or provide workers comp insurance for employees.

We also cannot have share an opinion on the matter because our government and countrymen simply don't care.

As I have stated before, I welcome anyone to legally come to this country and chase the American dream of independence and the chance to prosper. The problem lies within the term legal. The vast majority of skiled and unskilled laborers coming to this country are doing it illegaly. They have the priveledge of not having to pay taxes. They have the priveledge of having American citizens defend theses actions in open forums of discussion.

I am disgusted with the attitude of Americans that are willing to shut up and shut others up for openly disagreeing with flagrant violations of our laws.

I am disgusted with the with being called a racist, told that I'm lazy and having my opinions tossed aside like tabloid headlines. I work like two borrowed mules and harbor no ill will towards anyone doing the same, legally.

I am disgusted with people that prefer to ignore a problem until it shows up on the doorstep. It will be on your doorstep soon enough my friends, and in your wallets.

I'm disgusted with the people that slander me in the name of political correctness. Attempting to make me seem like a bad guy for stating facts is wrong and you know it.

I'm just plain disgusted and I will no longer be a part of this.

Thanks to everyone that helped me. Thanks to everyone here in general. This site is an invaluable resource for hotrodders.

However, I do feel strongly enough about the last two discussions being swept under the table to take leave of this place. I have my life and livelyhood to worry about. Fighting against illegal aliens for the means to support myself is my priority at the moment. It's not looking very good either.

I don't care for the company of those that would give immunity to lawbreaking illegal immigrants for the sake of making themselves feel good. I don't care for the company of those that would belittle me in the defence of people that have not earned the right to be here

Goodbye.

Larry

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Let the wheels of life roll on

Last journal entry: donor truck for hot rod hellion
Last photo:

wow, seems things have been overcensored (again)

i think we should elect mods, since we seem to be haveing problems with them.

but what do i know, im just a guest.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Heart Breaker and Life Taker

Last photo:

Careful Larry,You'll get threatened like I did by one of the mods who shall remain nameless. And this thread will be dumped cuz they find it wrong to voice an opinion.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Missing You

Last photo:

Wow, is this site going to crap lately, or what?

And any mod that is threatening members in PMs needs to get yelled at by Jon like I did...even though all of my actions were in defense of myself and never trying to shut up someone with a different opinion.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:01 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

E.T said it best............Beeeeee Goooooood.I am sure there are some angry white man forums out there where everyone can post at.The illegal immigrants may be a sore spot for alot of people.Personally my sore spot is for people here legally who do not work and feel that I owe them a paycheck,regardless of race,ethnicity or whatever.Here if a cop shoots a known drug dealer who has threatend said officers life,by pulling a weapon with the intent to kill.The cop is put on trial for murder.The useless thugs and drugaddicts who can not obey the law are alot worse than those who cross over and send their non-taxed wages home than those who refuse to work,sell crack to kids,do not pay taxes plus get a Government check and free housing with MY tax dollars.There is a lot to be pissed about,you just have to look at the less of the two evils man.Take care bud.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:55 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Yea this place not as cool as it use to be.

Catch you in the chat rooms larry.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

well you all know about my sunday night chats. My AIM is killerformula1 if anybody wants to come tonight. Time is 9pm eastern standard, we usually have a no-holds barred good time. Sure knock will be there.

Sorry to those of you who wanted to chat last sunday, I have been busy with grad school applications and studying for the exams.

K

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.