Hot Rod Forum banner

Working on a 1954 Chevy truck, frame off

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Henry Highrise 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I'm working on a 1954 Chevy truck frame off hotrod project. Basically, things are going well but, I have gotten my hands on a frame for my project that has been professionally modified and the only thing that I'm having trouble with at this point is identifying the rear differential, T-Pod, hogs head, what ever you want to call it. The person that sold the frame to me had no idea what type of rear end it has either.
At first glance, I think that it looks like a ford but, I'm not really sure what it's off of. Does anybody know where I can go to look this up? The casing has 15 bolts holding it to the housing, 3 bolt holes across the top side of the casing and very large brake drums on each end of the axles. The numbers stamped on the casing are 1189 653 AE 03.
I've included some pictures of my 54 truck before I took it apart. I thought that I had some pics of the differential but, I have not located them yet. Any help on the differiential would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

:welcome:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.