Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - World Products S/R Torquer Heads???
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 05:02 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

theres several 441 76cc combos on http://www.ryanscarpage.50megs.com/combos1.html page and having a fresh set of 441s on my shelf with 3 angle valve job and ported & polished with some bigger valves 2" stainless intakes ad 1.60 exhaust stainless valves (if I remember correctly) & gasket matched, comp springs and retainers & screw in studs ect. (I bought/traded a holley & a hei that all needed rebuilt but was not junk either, and the heads were fresh done, we swaped for $150 and parts) they been on the shelf for a yr & a 1/2 now and I'm going to use em. I know there not the best and I would not send a set to the machine shop either,

I would buy something like a set of aftermarket heads or vortecs, depending on what I was building, but really even camel humps aren't worth the machine work/money unless you need em for the look or # matching setup. and in the back of my mind I've thought for this next build in the 87 Suburban if I can buy a set of runable vortecs from the salvage yard I might. vortecs would work on this Suburban project, and I know vortecs are not the best for every application and some aftermarkets are a better choice for some bigger performance builds. a good friend I grew up with is in the office in a salvage yard, so I get some fair deals.

Mustangsaly