Hot Rod Forum banner

Worn interior leather possible to fix?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  staleg 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on how to make this look better? The seat is already cleaned. It's no holes or deep scratches in the leather.
It's a Volvo seat from a 2011 car.

I know there are lots of DIY products offered for fixing this.
Some of them are probably good and some are not.
Any recommendations?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Use SEM products to renew your leather seats. Here's a how to video: https://www.semproducts.com/videos/3-how-to-videos Watch the video labeled Classic Coat. Make sure you use the SEM cleaning and prepping products, and follow their instructions to the letter. If you try to clean and prep with something else, you will fail. I don't know what vehicle your seats came out of, but Classic Coat can match most OEM colors.

#4 ·
An update on this.
After the usual googling and "homework", I decided to try the product from the Ebay store seatsrestore.com, and it turned out real nice.
Reasonable prices and fairly easy (for a hot rod builder!) to apply as well.
The most important is to get a 100% correct color match, and as always: following the instructions carefully.

Before:

After:

Be aware that this product is not intended to use for changing the color.

#7 ·
An update on this.
The car is used a lot. Many times each day, 7 days a week.
The paint has cracked in some of the wrinkles on the most worn area of the front seat. I cleaned the area and added a very thin layer. Maybe the first layer were too thick. I don't know.

But the seat still looks much better than before the treatment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.