Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Worth fixing? (also, a very weird discovery)
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 PM
A few muscle cars & a Corvair

Last journal entry: continued
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If sentiment is driving this forward, go for it but....it is NOT a solid car. What I've seen from the pics indicates MAJOR structural damage and more to come. It may be mechanically sound but that is a different topic altogether. I'm having a hard time believing it's been in FL it's whole life. I looks more like a MN car from the rust belt. Rust holes thru the hood, fenders and quarters is major damage and weakens the whole body. I would be looking for cut-off quarters from a donor and a better, original hood. The rear package tray is a donor only part too. I'm not trying to offend you but you seem to be minimizing a seriously rusted out car. I'm including a link to a '67 GTO basket case I've been working on for too long. Look at the pics and see how deep the rust issues get. If the surface is that bad, there's even more down deep. The best way to really know what you have is to strip it to a bare shell and have it media blasted. That will show you what is left of the original body and how much it will take to bring it back. By the time you're done replacing half the body, a clean donor shell from TX, AZ, NM, CA would be a MUCH better place to start from. I wish I had done that...

GTO pics. The best amateur photography lives on Webshots