Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Worth fixing? (also, a very weird discovery)
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM

Last journal entry: Latest changes
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog7373 View Post
You can predict that there's major damage all you want but the truth is that nobody know what kind of damage the car actually has. Cars rust in florida too guys, especially when you live 2 miles from the ocean. I've been in under around the car for hours, remeber I owned this car before this too, and noticed no rust underneath or on the subframe or rear frame rails. Its actually pretty clean underneath. Its getting stripped down until I decide its clean. I'll update with pics when I start taking stuff off. I'll maybe pull the back bumper off tomorrow and see what's up like one of you said, but again I doubt I'm gping to find anything major.

On another note, all these cars are supposed to have the build sheet under the back seat, I think that would be pretty cool if its still there
Rust is a structural issue if it's in certain areas on these second Gen F body GM's, but it soounds like your's is solid in the areas I'd be worried about like the subframe and rear frame rails. If it's an important car to you I'd fix it. There are so many patch panels for Camaros that will mostly also fit Firebirds.
I've had my '71 Camaro for 39 years, and I'd fix anything on it to keep it going if it needed it. Fortunately mine's been a West Coast car garaged all it's life, so no rust at all.