Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Worthwhile upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lol.....I have the same argument daily at my shop with one of my apprentices....he runs procomp alum on his regal with a 355 roller cam.......I have looked through the notes on his build. And he is sitting around around 10.2 compression as it sits. So his next genius idea is a 4-71 blower.....wich I love the idea, just not with his compression, or his little 670 vacuum sec Carb. He was all bashing my junk yard stuff today....and I tried to explain, that without race gas, his compression is going to be too high to utilize the blower for what it can actually do. By the time he takes enough timing and boost out of it to stop it from eating itself. I'm still going to be faster on junk or used parts....his 700 trans, his 373 gear....its a great fair ground cruiser....and his procomps are not newer better style, they are a few years old when flow and quality control was worse then it is today.....ohhhh....I can't wait till spring lol.