Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Worthwhile upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
That's actually the current plan and what I'm saving up for. The used motor I picked up I'm going to go with some cheapish forged slugs, stock crank and rods, arp through out, and find a set of heads cheap and bolt on a blower....likely take some gear out of it due to the giant torque curve and go run 11's for very little cash......but for now, I'm going to use that lunati you listed, I priced it today and shipped to my door I'm looking at 440$ taxes in with lifters....so that kinda sucks lol....but I know there are some places I can't cheap out on. I hope to hell cam and converter with a 275 drag radial gets me a 12 anything lol....then I will spray it into a high 11 and be happy as a pig in sht...!
Is that price from the US? UPS or US mail?
how much was the UPS broker fee? US mail service- Canada post is a lot cheaper. You pick it up at your local post office.
Usually a shoppers drug mart nearest your house.

Did you try sourcing that cam and the lifters locally?
Starting at your local CTC parts counter. (you'd be suprised)
Next stop would be your local auto machine shop thats hooked up with Motorstate.
They can get all this stuff. pays to shop around.

You won't need to take any gear out of the car. just put the good Isky valve springs on, when you are ready to do that.
It will rpm and MPH for you. Thats the whole idea of the solid cam. The 4.11's are just right.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 11-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.