Would anybody here by a house that.... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2005, 12:09 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Would anybody here by a house that....

Would anybody on this board buy a house that somebody died in? If like some old guy or lady died in the house from natural causes, would that cause you to look else where? What about a house that somebody commited suicide in and who was very abusive to his family. Last but not least would anybody buy a house that somebody was mudered in? The reason I am asking this is that there is a couple of houses in the town I live in that are for sale that people died in. The one guy died from natural causes and the other guy commited suicide in this house. The house that the guy died in from natural causes is in pretty descent shape and isn't too unreasonably priced. The one the guy commited suicide in, is on three lots and needs some work but is pretty cheap. Would anybody on this board buy a house where somebody has died or would you look elsewhere. There are other houses for sale where I live, just wondering about these houses.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2005, 12:45 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

well heck yeah. if the price was right......
Old 02-20-2005, 01:46 PM
stuff'n things'n whatnot

Last photo:

The one where the guy committed suicide would kinda bother me, but if the price was right you could fix it up and sell it for a profit. I have no problem living in a house where someone died of natural causes.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmerc
Would anybody on this board buy a house that somebody died in? If like some old guy or lady died in the house from natural causes, would that cause you to look else where? What about a house that somebody commited suicide in and who was very abusive to his family. Last but not least would anybody buy a house that somebody was mudered in?

I would buy all of those houses.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

do it up man
Old 02-20-2005, 02:01 PM

I would live somewhere that someone died of natural causes. Suicide would depend I guess.. Hey anyone ever seen the movie The Grudge, this made me think of it.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:06 PM

Last wiki edit: Window removal and installation Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

I have lived in two houses whose former residents had committed suicide. And a couple of others where folks had just passed on. Didn't think much about it. I have also lived in a house where a baby was born in the middle of the living room. That didn't bother me either. Life.
The only thing that might put me off is if a body had spent a lot time undiscovered and had permeated the room or house with a highly distasteful and difficult to remove smell.
That's just me. If you have a female partner in on the house buying deal, you'd best consult with her. Women seem more prone to having reservations about such things.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I need a bucket of arc sparks

Last wiki edit: How to identify SB Ford heads without pulling them
Last journal entry: trunk floor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

The house that the guy committed suicide in is a 3 bedroon 1 3/4 bath on 3 lots with a 2 car garage for $39,000. The one that the old guy died in from natural causes is $55,000 and it is right across the street. The only thing that I don't like about the house the old guy died in, is they didn't find him for over a week. He died during the middle of summer, 2 years ago and it was 100+ degrees, the house still kind of stinks. The house that the guy killed himself...they found him the same day, I even saw them taking his body out of the house. I was coming home from work and they had police tape up everywhere with the county corner and CBI doing there work. My parents want me to pass these houses up and look for something else. I found another house but it is only a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom house with a 2 car garage for $55,000. If it didn't have the 2 car garage I wouldn't even consider it. I probably should keep looking for awhile and hold out for something else.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:54 PM
489 Lemans

Last journal entry: Street Legal
Last photo:

Suicide

A lady who was a friend of mine gassed herself in the garage. Lived about 4 houses away. Ex was a cop who abused her. They split and he wouldn't pay support. Drinking problem. Almost killed her six kids in the process. The people that bought the house are pretty happy with it.

I bought my house as an estate sale. Don't think they died in the house though. I got everything. Furniture, tools, lawn equipment, the works! All for the price of the house. I'm happy.

In my mother's day. She and her 12 siblings were all born in my grandmother's bed. There were two babies died at birth. They are buried in the garden under the parlor window.

What is life without death?
Old 02-20-2005, 03:24 PM
Cleverly disguised as grownup

Last journal entry: Hollman & Moody
Last photo:

Sounds like the one where the old dude offed himself is the best deal. I say jump on it. I had a friend that rented a house where two people had died in two separate fires, and he was happy there [ well after his wife left him].I don't remember any stories about scary noises or stuff mysteriously being moved around.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

Probably most of us that have a house 100 yrs old have had some one die in it of natural causes. We just don't know it.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Building a new shop
Last journal entry: Christmas 2008 came early!!!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 54

The wife half of the couple that previously owned our house died of natural causes in our bedroom. Doesn't bother us at all. 2 bedroom, main floor laundry, 2 car garage, with all appliances for $76,900. I have 4 neighbors with $100,000+ houses, so I'll put up with a dead spirit in my house! I'd hate their tax bills. LOL

BTW, a lady about 6 blocks away from us murdered her husband last spring, stuffed his body in a sleeping bag, and then waited 'till early fall to ask a neighbor to help move the body. What was she thinking?? Dewey (cboy) probably remembers reading about it. My wife and I were walking the dog right past that house at least 5 days a week. We had decided that we were going to be neighborly and rake the lawn for what we figured was probably an old elderly couple that just couldn't do it. Glad we didn't. That would've stunk... In more ways than one.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Man that suicide house sounds like a hell of a deal.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:24 PM

Last photo:

It would not bother me at all.But a house is a big investment.If it makes you feel uneasy,then keep looking.Just my two cents.Carl
Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

i think that the suicide thing would give me a reason to think about it but i don't think it would keep me from buying it i was in property management for 10 years and i have found a person who died in there apt. and iv'e also had to deal with the aftermath of a suicide that was not discovered for several weeks it was an extremely nasty job trying to make that unit livable again we had the floors ripped up and Sheetrock replaced and you could still smell death in the apt. so i would defiantly stay away from the one where they weren't found for a while its not something you can ever get used to.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.