Hot Rod Forum banner

Would you buy this for $1500? (pic)

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  mochine40 
#1 · (Edited)
#10 ·
nah, its pretty rough all the way around. that car needs a new.... everything.

I think you'd be better off finding a car that costs a few more bucks to start with that has a crappy paint job but very little rust and all the trim, and an interior that's not destroyed. Makes for an easier project. A few more bucks at the beginning is goign to save you thousands in the long run!

K

#11 ·
killerformula said:
nah, its pretty rough all the way around. that car needs a new.... everything.

I think you'd be better off finding a car that costs a few more bucks to start with that has a crappy paint job but very little rust and all the trim, and an interior that's not destroyed. Makes for an easier project. A few more bucks at the beginning is goign to save you thousands in the long run!

K
thats well said, i would only consider it if you were planning on a complete rebuild. and if thats the case i think you should try to get the price down under a grand

#14 ·
RUST! oh no, They want to much for it. You would have to take it and have it sand blasted just to see all the bad spots. I'm thing $800 - $1000
But I cant see everthing so all I can say it check out the rust and pitting with a screw driver if you poking holes in the floor trunk frame it just all the stuff you will have to fix. so go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.