Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   WOW how amazing (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/wow-how-amazing-131536.html)

427feracer 01-13-2008 01:03 PM

WOW how amazing

WOW i subscribed to this website thinking i could look up to enthusiasts that could educate me. But it seams you guys are to intrested on spelling and grammatical error than the passion of building engins. Congrats on shooting down the youth of this country way to go there. :evil:

Blazin72 01-13-2008 02:12 PM

when somebody asks a question without separating the sentences at all it makes it very difficult for people to read and understand what they are saying know what i mean its like a giant run on sentence that never ends the members that have been here for a while have seen many people come on here that do the exact same thing and after a while the people that post like i am posting get ignored because sometimes its like world war II code breaking very time consuming and slow not really worth the effort especially if its a question thats been asked a million times before

If you make the effort to post something that's even slightly readable then others will make the effort to respond. You've heard the old adage "What goes in, goes out" does apply. Remember that many members here are professionals that are in their 40s, 50s and 60s. They do expect a certain level of professionalism on the other end. Nobody is saying your posts have to be perfect but a little effort does go a long way.

Centerline even gave you a friendly reminder the first time and for him that's unusual. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Centerline
A little capitalization and punctuation would help people read your posts and you'll get more answers. Most of the experienced people here aren't going to take the time to decipher a post in order to learn what the question is.

Good luck with your build.

Besides, I looked at a couple of your posts and it looks like you did get responses that were informative. People asked you questions in return and you never replied to any of them. Remember that you can't ask a vague question and expect a direct answer either. Check up on posts that you've made and questions that you've asked. When somebody else asks you a question to try to get more information try to respond with as much information as possible. If you've done that then you usually will get what you are looking for. Or at the very least, something that will give you a nudge in the right direction.

classicautoresto 01-13-2008 04:34 PM

And if you still don't feel your'e getting informative answers, there is always the Little Tykes website. :D

:spank:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :evil:

61bone 01-13-2008 04:50 PM

I don't usually get involved in whizzing matches but it seems to me the youth of this country are shooting themselves down. Grammar is not that difficult. seams? engins? :rolleyes: Uh, this forum does have spell check, yaknow. Ask clear and concise questions and you will get the same in return.

classicautoresto 01-13-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 61bone
I don't usually get involved in whizzing matches but it seems to me the youth of this country are shooting themselves down. Grammar is not that difficult. seams? engins? :rolleyes: Uh, this forum does have spell check, yaknow. Ask clear and concise questions and you will get the same in return.

I usually don't either :embarrass but this young man doesn't seem to want to graciously accept experience or know how to
read it to get the info he is desiring. I do agree, grammar and math are going to be the downfall of our youth. I refuse to let my girls use calculators for their homework and they say, but the teacher lets us! Thats why I can't get my correct change at Mc D's or Dairymart!!!!!

trees 01-13-2008 05:45 PM

No need to waste bullets on shooting down SOME of the youth of this country when they do an amazing job of it all by themselves. You are probably from Bluff City, Tn and are an embarrassment to the Sullivan County School system (or your home schooling). Good luck in your dismal future if you are not interested in improving yourself enough to fit into a functional society.

MARTINSR 01-13-2008 07:49 PM

:thumbup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by trees
No need to waste bullets on shooting down SOME of the youth of this country when they do an amazing job of it all by themselves. You are probably from Bluff City, Tn and are an embarrassment to the Sullivan County School system (or your home schooling). Good luck in your dismal future if you are not interested in improving yourself enough to fit into a functional society.

I wonder how all the youth that come here like Nightfire and others do it. We are so hard on them. :rolleyes: No, they post like they care to properly communicate! I am sorry, we can walk around dressing and acting like "we want to, if you don't like it tough." We can do that if we want, but if you want to have a job, if you want to communicate with people who don't act or speak that way, you have to adjust. You will get MUCH further if you use proper punctuation and spelling. This is a fact of life, that is all there is to it.

Good luck, come back and see us and you will learn a lot about life as well as cars! :thumbup:

Brian

Gokussj5okazu 01-13-2008 08:13 PM

Ditto to all ya'll above.

To the OP: A little effort goes a loooong way. I don't even understand what's so hard about it, and I'm even a young'in.

schnitz 01-13-2008 08:54 PM

$.02 from me. I'm not usually one for entering piddling matches either (I don't have the bladder for it...), but on this one I feel I need to. I'm actually going to play Devil's advocate for a moment. If you guys took a moment and looked closely at this young guy's most recent posts in the engine section, he's improving his typing. Shows that he is trying. Granted, he's got a bit of an attitude currently, but who wouldn't in his shoes.

Think about this for a moment. Some people have a rough time with learning. Let's face it, conventional schooling is not for everyone. Without ever meeting 427 in person, how can anyone here judge his "lack of education"? So what if he has problems with using a spell checker as long as he gradually keeps improving. Give him another chance before ripping into him. If he continually has poor grammar issues, by all means, pick away.

All of this can all come back to us. The same stuff goes with building a car. How many here could at 17 build a car top to bottom and start to finish by themselves? I'm betting some here still can't. I know I can't. However, I'm still going to try and learn to do it. That's why I'm here, and that's also what probably drew 427 to the board. That's also why I'd guess most of the rest of you are here, too.

427, this part is aimed more for you.

Quote:

WOW i subscribed to this website thinking i could look up to enthusiasts that could educate me. But it seams you guys are to intrested on spelling and grammatical error than the passion of building engins. Congrats on shooting down the youth of this country way to go there.
Attitude shown like this will do nothing to foster good learning, or the bettering of any member here. As has already been stated several times to you, if you ask clear questions (with as much readable info as possible), you will get usable answers in return. IMO, you currently have two choices.

1. Gather up some gut strength, dump the attitude, accept the facts that have been laid out before you, and stay with us to better yourself. Heck, we may eventually learn from you.

2. Do the one thing that shows true weakness and leave without learning a single thing all the while passing the blame off to someone else.

The ball is in your court. Do with it as you will.

In a while, Chet.

MARTINSR 01-13-2008 09:16 PM

Eu não compreendo, eu necessito algumas respostas às perguntas sobre carros e você quer-me pô-lo em inglês. Brian :D

Gokussj5okazu 01-13-2008 11:03 PM

Eu não soube que você falou o português, Brian.

Atakamoyoshi kuchigirei manza butanishinju nihongo desu. :thumbup:

Blazin72 01-13-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schnitz
If you guys took a moment and looked closely at this young guy's most recent posts in the engine section, he's improving his typing. Shows that he is trying. Granted, he's got a bit of an attitude currently, but who wouldn't in his shoes.

His most recent post was a few hours after he opened this thread, and after he sent me a PM that was apparently a response to my original post. At least I think it was a response, what he said really had nothing to do with my original response to this thread or his reason for creating it. :confused:

MARTINSR 01-14-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gokussj5okazu
Eu não soube que você falou o português, Brian.

Atakamoyoshi kuchigirei manza butanishinju nihongo desu. :thumbup:

No., eu desejo que eu . Eu fui levantado em um repouso onde meus pais o falassem. Mas eu venho de uma geração onde quando você veio a este país você SE TORNE AMERICANO e parado de falar a língua de seu "para casa" país. Assim, No., eu sei somente usar o translater em altavista.com. Brian

powerrodsmike 01-14-2008 01:07 AM

Hey! you work the drive up window at Mickey D's, don't you?

I recognised the way you said "em um repouso onde meus pais"...

Well pal, I did see it on your menu, gimme a freeking whopper. :D BTW, Ickie-bickie-bocky booky to youke tooey....ALL of you.

I think for some kids it's easier to just tell us what "haters" we all are, then go back to their underachiever friends and say how us old guys are holding them back...

Thank the powers that be that I'm on teenager # 3, and almost done.. the others are now adults, and don't act like that anymore.

Later, mikey

Job~Rated 01-14-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 427feracer
WOW i subscribed to this website thinking i could look up to enthusiasts that could educate me. But it seams you guys are to intrested on spelling and grammatical error than the passion of building engins. Congrats on shooting down the youth of this country way to go there. :evil:

Just look at the ratio of 'Grammar' threads to 'Rodding' ones...

'Nuff said.

Just my 0.02 :thumbup: