Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Wrinkled fiberglass
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,152 Posts
I can't imagine there being any kind of structual problem. Willys, do you really think so? I mean the fiberglass strands don't get "broken" unless you were to just smash it with a hammer or something.

A pack of fiberglass cloth for instance will be tightly folded into a "bolt" without any damage.

Psionic, as mitmaks said, it will layout flat once it is wet without a problem, it is designed to fit very tight contours and will with ease once dipped in resin. Of course if you were making an item with seriously important strength concerns like a drag boat hull or something you would want to have everything perfect.

But Willy's may have more experiance with the stuff and you should wait until he comes back with a yea or nay.

What are you making?

I just noticed you are going to be putting this cloth in epoxy. I would still think it would lay down. But being epoxy is so much thicker, it may not lay down as nice as the regular polyester fiberglass resin.