Hot Rod Forum banner

Wut set of heads for my set up?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  NorthStar 
#1 ·
the motors a 350 sbc has a 280 magnum cam, holley 750 w/ sec., edelbrock performer manifold, flotech long tube headers, full roller rockers, new lifters and springs, and im running my stock 624 heads.. now wut i wana do is find a good pair of heads to help open up my cam.. when i did the cam swap, lifters,roller rockers, i didn't notice power increase at all... do im thinkin if i put some heads on this will help the motor breath big time?? like would some rebuilt 202 heads be nice set up?? they be bigger then mine thats for sure.. i was also told to get a performer RPM manifold to go with the cam.. cuz it is for higher RPM's anyways.. i don't really wana spend the big $'s on edelbrock heads or mototown.... there just to much money.. can buy a motor for the price of those.. for all i no my heads could be cracked and worn out anyhow.. so any set would proboly increase performance? anyways.. theres lot in the trader here.. rebuilt heads for 150 each.. or even old heads that need a rebuild for 100.. wut would be a better idea buying rebuilt heads or getting a pair rebuilt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.