WW's - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

WW's

Hello,
I'm looking for a set of 15" Radial Wide Whites to fit 49 Ford steel wheels. New or used 165/15 and 275/65/15 would be ideal, but I'll look at others. Anyone have a set, please drop me a line. Thx

Chris

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

I would tell you where you can get some new ones but..........the Company is hooked up with a bunch of crazy monkeys that spammed this site so for that reason I will not reccomend them to anyone. Read all about it here....http://www.hotrodders.com/bad

Last edited by Henry Highrise; 09-29-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:45 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Until Jon gets to the bottom of it and actully finds proof that the company is tied into the GMG thing. I'll just do the innocent until proven guilty thing. the company is Coker Tire www.cokertire.com
Old 09-30-2006, 05:15 PM

re:WW's

Thanks guys. Coker = approx $800/set. Too rich for my blood, so I will stick to a used set if they ever surface. Seems that no one has used WW's for sale?

wlrdlr08
Old 09-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
Until Jon gets to the bottom of it and actully finds proof that the company is tied into the GMG thing. I'll just do the innocent until proven guilty thing. the company is Coker Tire www.cokertire.com
What more proof do you want???? They mentioned Coker in the video several times
Old 09-30-2006, 08:19 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Highrise
What more proof do you want???? They mentioned Coker in the video several times
yeah, and that prooves nothing other than, GMG likes Coker tires. Jon said that he had not gotten to the bottom of the involvement of Coker within the scam, so right now as it stands, there is no real proof that Coker Tire was involved with Gas Monkey Garage during the making of the video, and the whole accusation of them is based on assumption, granit, an assumption such as that is legit for investigation as it could dig up a non legit act on Cokers half. Think of it this way, if we turn everybody away from Coker because they are subbosibly connected to a Scandal, and later on down the road, we find out that Coker was not involved, yet we'v destroyed there buisnuess based on assumptions, where does that put us?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:44 PM

Last photo:

Paint em. And i agree on the cost Coker tires, way to much considering I know several guys that ran them and they were JUNK! They may be better now, but for the price they charge, they should last forever.
Just buy a used set of tires and paint them, if you do it right it looks great. Who's gonna stare at them?
Old 09-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Lost in the 60's

OK...Go here and read what Jon says....thats good enough for me. http://www.hotrodders.com/corky-coker.html
Old 10-01-2006, 08:39 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
OK...Go here and read what Jon says....thats good enough for me. http://www.hotrodders.com/corky-coker.html
I read that a long time ago, but just re read it. and it's exactly what I'm talking about being based on assumptions, there is nothing linking Corkey Coker to the Corkey Coker username. The only E mail that Coker Tire has on the website is a Email for questions that, a board of people from a Help desk view and answer, not Corkey Coker himself, so it could have been a discruntled employee fooling with the company. Jon kept, and has been keeping the return address of the Emails he sent private, I wouldn't be supprised if it's just a standardized Help Desk Email, as return address. Jon said he was still investigating Coker tire, the Corkey Coker page is making fun of the Corkey Coker user name, and his other name Man. I have traced the Ip address listed and it is in fact a Coker Tire IP address. I traced www.cokertire.com and came back with 195 as the last 3 digits all other numbers are the same, confirming that it did come from the Coker Tire website, I cannot verify where it came from tho
Old 10-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Wiki Edits: 7314

If you're curious as to whether the "Corky Coker" username is the same as the real person "Corky Coker", then simply call up Coker Tire and ask. If Corky Coker tries to deny that it's him, please let me know ASAP.

I've had numerous calls with Coker Tire, SEMA public relations, and Discovery Channel. I'd bet my life and my reputation that the username "Corky Coker" is the same as the real-life person "Corky Coker". Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

BTW, I just got off the phone with the VP of Communications for TLC, the specific channel that airs Overhaulin', the show with which Gas Monkey Garage is associated. I have great news that I'll be sharing later in the day.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

You can make your own WWs................Here is a link to a thread on the HAMB that shows how it is done.

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showt...de+white+walls

Budget RVs
Old 10-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
If you're curious as to whether the "Corky Coker" username is the same as the real person "Corky Coker", then simply call up Coker Tire and ask. If Corky Coker tries to deny that it's him, please let me know ASAP.

I've had numerous calls with Coker Tire, SEMA public relations, and Discovery Channel. I'd bet my life and my reputation that the username "Corky Coker" is the same as the real-life person "Corky Coker". Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll answer them as best I can.

BTW, I just got off the phone with the VP of Communications for TLC, the specific channel that airs Overhaulin', the show with which Gas Monkey Garage is associated. I have great news that I'll be sharing later in the day.
Can't wait to hear the news!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:10 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Can't wait to hear the news!
Henry, you act as if you are hoping that Coker does have ties within the GMG thing. For me, myself I Hope there not tied into GMG, simply because there a well known company many people have trusted over the years, but if they do have ties within the GMG thing, then yes, not as what I hoped, but there would be reason to doubt there company.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Lost in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt167
Henry, you act as if you are hoping that Coker does have ties within the GMG thing. For me, myself I Hope there not tied into GMG, simply because there a well known company many people have trusted over the years, but if they do have ties within the GMG thing, then yes, not as what I hoped, but there would be reason to doubt there company.
I am not hoping anything....evidently when you read all the reports that Jon has made you see different words than I do. I know they are a company that has been around...I have done business with them many times. But if they will not answer a couple of simple questions......which they have not. They are easy questions too....only two answers..yes or no. I won't be doing business with them. Its just that simple!

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.