Hot Rod Forum banner

wyotech

626 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  HotRodKush 
#1 ·
has anybody here gone to wyotech and if so please tell me about your experiences

#2 ·
Eh, I went there five years ago. I learned a lot but I never ended up making use of all that money I spent. When I applied for jobs and mentioned I went to school there were a lot of people who said they had never even heard of the place. Ended up working at a naval shipyard and probably make more money than I would have as a diesel mechanic.

#5 ·
Take a look at Universal Technical Institute, I graduated about 2 years ago. They're more widely known than Wyo, and have a bunch of graduate manufacturer specific programs that you can apply to, plus job placement, etc. etc. etc.

the education is good and the job placement is good (higher base pay), though I learned more working in a shop than I ever did in school. It's good for learning the basics of how things work, but real world experience is king.

Anyway, I'm rambling - might be worth taking a look at though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.