WYSCO sbc Roller Rockers- anybody? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM
project pegasus{(([cloaked]))}

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

WYSCO sbc Roller Rockers- anybody?

Does or has anyone had any experience with these WYSCO 1.6" 7/16 Roller Rockers? I have been looking for some info on them but all I seem to find is people giving good PROP's ta SKIP WHITE and not much about the product. I am looking for a good/decent roller rocker but not sure why I should pay $250~400 for a set when these are exceptionally cheaper and look to do the same job. I am sure that these are off shore but just about everything is these days. I was also looking at sets made by PRW (which is almost a mirror image of the WYSCO) and comp cams Pro Magnum, which I have found in the $230 range on eBay.
So far I have quite a bit of money tied up in my motor build and I dont mind paying for quality/durability, I just dont want to wast my money on a companies name, especially if there sourcing there products off shore and re-packaging with there name on it. If someone has used these and they function within 100% of there functioning spectrum.......or do what they are supposed to, then please tell me so or if you have had bad luck with them and there needle bearings feel grainy, speak up!!
One last thing, these are rebuildable, right? where do you get the needle bearings? I saw a set of Crower RR that say they use oversized Torrington bearings so those ones would probably be easy to find but not so sure about these other RR.....
Thanks
GL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM
More for Less Racer

Wiki Edits: 0

Pretty much only the steel rockers are rebuildable, aluminum has a fatigue life of 2-4 million cycles, therefore most companies don't rebiold them. Only exceptions I know of is T&D and Jesel shaft rockers, but they are $$$.

I have never used the Wysco rockers but have used their distributors, valvecovers, stud girdles, oil pans and aluminum timing covers without problems. Big step from these to rocker arms tho', I know what you mean about quality there.

Take a look at Scorpion Rockers for a good aluminum rocker, made in the USA in Florida, they are VERY nice and gauranteed for life. You can find a good deal on them at www.competitionproducts.com. I have heard of people reporting good experiences with the PRW stainless arms. but haven't used them myself, same with the ProComp stainless Shaft sets, but I KNOW the ProComp aluminum shafts are poor, bought a set and never used them they are so poorly fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.