X-pipe exhaust upgrade - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 06:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Actually my exhaust is loud. It resonates through the car. Some find it offensive. The cops have asked me if I should act my age. So I added all that up and came to one conclusion

Yep I is Hotroddin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

As I got older my exhausts got quieter. I ran a hot small block, headers with straight pipes into flowmasters with no tailpipes. it was very deep and rumbly at idle. going down the interstate doing 70, the exhaust was so loud you couldn`t hear each other talking. Later on, I went back to what I had always used prior to flowmasters, Turbo mufflers. But right now I`m at kinda a dilemma with my truck. It has a hot rodded 4.3, and it`s hard to get a good sound with a V6. I had dual pipes ran into a splitter into a single flowmaster, then another splitter with dual pipes coming out the back, it sounded like a swarm of bee`s so I replaced it with a cheap thrush turbo muffler, it sounds good, but it`s not loud enough. I plan to whack the splitters, add another turbo muffler, let them exit under the bed and remove the tail pipes. I`m gonna add a H pipe with it and I`m thinking it`ll get the deep tone without the loudness. My biggest hope is it`ll camoflauge the dreaded V6 sound. When I first got the truck, it had a "Wooden" muffler on it, when you revved it the sound you got was "Woooooden! Woooooooden!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.