Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - X pipe or H pipe
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:12 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Mustang Al. View Post
Hi Dave.
had an interesting drive home today in the 67. While driving down a gentle slope, after a short run to the supermarket, I lost ignition and coasted to a stop. Hmmmm.With nearly 2000 miles on the new 347 i am puzzled. With the gas tank on a quarter, and power to the coil, i can crank it over ( until i flattened the battery) with plenty of fuel squirting down the barrels and yet not even a fire from any plug. I am thinking the msd may have a problem in it so i will start there i think. I have 12v at the blaster 2 msd coil as well. Any thoughts Dave.
My wife towed me about 2 miles home with her corolla.
Cheers
Al.
Al.
Al - pull a plug wire at the cap or the plug, hold either close to the cap tower or to the plug or ground, crank the engine over and you should see a fat blue spark, either at the cap terminal or to ground if at the plug. DO NOT hang on to that wire - I can attest to the fact that 40K volts can light up your life if the box is not your problem (We probably should start another thread too, instead of a hijack)

(I hope none of your friends saw that ignominious event of an econobox hauling the 'stang home )

Dave W