Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Xmas tree stand (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/xmas-tree-stand-227274.html)

Bad Rat 12-17-2012 11:59 AM

Xmas tree stand

4 Attachment(s)
My son and his kids went up in the mountains yesterday and cut a X/mas tree, when they went to set it up they couldn't find a tree stand,, so My 9y/o grandson coop says he can make one,, so him and his dad head for the shop, gather up a bunch of scrap tubing and Coop cut up the pieces and welds it all together,
Not bad for a 9y/o I don't think,, but this isn't his first rodeo with working with steel.. He loves doing any kind of work,,
Hope he didn't burn any holes in his new jacket,, his mom will throw a hissy fit

MARTINSR 12-17-2012 12:11 PM

AWESOME! I love that stuff!

Yeah, I brought my nephews over to the shop once when they were about that age just to show them a few things. I welded a few bolts together and one of them picked it up right after! LOL, what is it about us humans that we would do such a stupid thing! Anyway, I had to walk him back into the house with is VERY overly protective mom to hear her freak out. :pain:

But that is so damn cool what he did there, nice job!

Brian

Thunders 12-17-2012 01:49 PM

good to see he's ready to jump in a make it...
we had a guy come in the shop once needing some welding do and wanted to watch. gave him a helmet and before making an arch each time said watch it. thought he understood that meant drop the hood???? well after a few times he said you watch it I can't see crap it's blinding me. he had the hood in his hand go figure.

Bad Rat 12-17-2012 01:57 PM

Cooper has been around this stuff since he was a baby,, I have pictures of him when he was about 3,,tearing his toy cars apart to see what makes them work, he wants to be in the middle of all things that have anything to do with hot rods and machanical stuff in general.. just bred into him I guess, Both my sons are the same way,

they have had grease under their fingernails from a very young age,,, They just havn't learned how to clean up the mess they make in the shop yet,

wretched ratchet 12-17-2012 07:42 PM

Many chips of the same OLD BLOCK, eh Amigo?
That Coop is one in a million and you should be proud, as I know you are.

Richiehd 12-17-2012 07:49 PM

Awesome....The next generation..

dinger 12-17-2012 08:45 PM

I met Cooper in Famoso, He is a chip off the Grandpa block. Super nice kid, very polite and can make a hole in a bag of tortilla chips and a few cartons of salsa. :thumbup:

We were sitting around the coupe, shooting the bull, Coop says" are we going to watch some races pretty soon? LOL, off we go!

Bad Rat 12-17-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinger (Post 1623973)
I met Cooper in Famoso, He is a chip off the Grandpa block. Super nice kid, very polite and can make a hole in a bag of tortilla chips and a few cartons of salsa. :thumbup:

We were sitting around the coupe, shooting the bull, Coop says" are we going to watch some races pretty soon? LOL, off we go!

Thanks Dinger,, he is all set to go back next year,, but we will have to improve on the salsa, no more store bought stuff,, :nono:that stuff sucked,, :embarrass

Bad Rat 12-17-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunders (Post 1623831)
good to see he's ready to jump in a make it...
we had a guy come in the shop once needing some welding do and wanted to watch. gave him a helmet and before making an arch each time said watch it. thought he understood that meant drop the hood???? well after a few times he said you watch it I can't see crap it's blinding me. he had the hood in his hand go figure.

and most likely burnt eyes to remind him next time before he looks at a welder arch,,, Grated raw potatoes is the best thing for burnt eyes I have found,,
You don't eat em, you put patatoe patties on you're eyes,,:D but it just takes one time with burnt eyes to know not to watch it, feels like you have a truck load of sand in your eye

wretched ratchet 12-18-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Rat (Post 1623976)
but we will have to improve on the salsa, no more store bought stuff,, :nono:that stuff sucked,, :embarrass

What really happened was a ?certain New Mexico transplanted Oreganian? had been bragging for some time about his homemade salsa and for some odd reason we ended up with BRAND-X - - - but it didn't slow 'ol Coop down did it???

dinger 12-18-2012 09:40 AM

Brand X wasn't bad, came in the plastic carton, beats the jarred stuff by a mile, but....Bills' salsa is incredibly good. With Coop around, we would need about a gallon to get by. :D and about 4 bags of chips.

wretched ratchet 12-18-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinger (Post 1624096)
Bills' salsa is incredibly good.

I guess I'll have to take your word for it or gamble and come back next year - - ?hmmm, now there's a thought?

Bad Rat 12-19-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wretched ratchet (Post 1624186)
I guess I'll have to take your word for it or gamble and come back next year - - ?hmmm, now there's a thought?

we're holdin ya to it Amigo,,,, you know how to play the game now,, :Dstart savin the popcans now

wretched ratchet 12-19-2012 05:24 PM

What I would "LIKE" to do is what Geezer and I talked about before he and the missus took sick.

Two old pharts load up and do a road trip and play tourista all the way there and maybe on the way back also. Got plenty of time to git'er done for sure. (will beer cans work also?)

Bad Rat 12-19-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wretched ratchet (Post 1624716)
What I would "LIKE" to do is what Geezer and I talked about before he and the missus took sick.

Two old pharts load up and do a road trip and play tourista all the way there and maybe on the way back also. Got plenty of time to git'er done for sure. (will beer cans work also?)

yep!! they are worth a whole nickle here:thumbup: