Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Y-pipe w/ catback styl exh, or duals with round tube mufflers, what do you think
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by my87Z
NEVER!!

im not that old but i have never owned anything but V8's
1984 Blazer 350
1972 nova 350
1987 camaro 305
2002 gmc 3/4THD 4x4 364

the only way i will ever own an electric car is if they do away with gasoline motors all together, and even then i will still have atleast one gasoline V8 powered vehicle (atleast 1!) but my wife may drive some new what ever
I hear ya, my wife drives a PRIUS, that thing will eventually get a pedestrian. She complains all the time about people that step off right in front of it. It doesn't make any noise what do ya want! I was working in the shop one day when she was out. I turned around and took a step out the door and damn there it was behind me, I flopped onto the hood like a goose goin' thru an A320's engines.

My daily driver is a 350 powered S-15, a wolf in sheeps clothing. The 350 is a Franken-mouse built using a Vortec block and extremely modifed LT1 aluminum heads that are converted back to conventional coolant flow. There's a ton of other mods to get a conventional distributor and a hacked up TPI injection system running off an old batch fire computer, and fastened to a GMPP LT1 4 barrel conversion intake, . Uses an LT4 HOT cam and Miller roller rockers. And it SMOGs, which it has to where I live, but it ain't technically legal, but so far the state hasn't bugged me about the configuration. They sniff it and send me away happy.

I have this noise thing even between my Harley and my Yamaha. Starting the old Hog is like bringing life to a wild animal. Begins with the electric starter which usually doesn't last enough to light it off so that ends with the kick starter and some sweat. The Yamaha in spite of having some healthy pipes on it, is like starting the vacuum cleaner. Pull a little choke, turn the key, hit the start button, a quick humm from the starter and it's going. Nice bike but no soul.

All right I'm outta here.

Bogie