year one vs. classic industries - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 06:39 PM
motown redneck

Wiki Edits: 0

year one vs. classic industries

hello,

well, i have begun to continue the restoration on my 67 SS 350 Camaro. i've gotten the go ahead from the wife, so it is on now.

my question is, is i have been looking for replacement parts from the listed companies, and i was wondering which company had the better products for my application. i have dealt with classic industries before, and have had good results, but i keep hearing a lot about year one. upon checking their online catalog it appears they sell the same quality(and manufacturer) as classic industries, only with a 20% mark up. if this is true, why should anyone go with them? thanks for your opinions, and answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last photo:

Year One is a decent source. However, in my experience, they are about 20% higher. The service was good though, compared to some places I have ordered from. I found a different company with good service and good prices, but they are pontiac only, so it probably won't help you. I would say if you have had good experience with classic industries, I would stick with them, as long as they have the part you need. I have never used classic industries, so I cannot make a judgment on the quality of their products.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:32 PM
motown redneck

thanks for sharing. classic industries seems to have the same quality of products as year one. although i havent ever purchased anything from them, their pictures look to be the same as classic industries. i have had very good customer service from them as well. thanks again-iluvdrt
Old 05-26-2004, 03:57 PM

Last photo:

i have never bought anything from year one,i use npd national parts depot the have next day delivery and its free delivery,they have decent prices.its like everything else some places are cheaper than others,and if u worried about quality ask them who makes the product.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:19 AM

I've bought suspension parts from Ricks First Gen (www.firstgen.com) for my 69 camaro. Quality was good on everything except the trim rings which were scratched up. Lady at the return desk tried to tell me that was normal... after laughing at her for a little while she agreed to refund my money. Their free shipping on large orders is via the slowest land route in history, however, it was free. All in all I'm satisfied with them and would use them again. One word of warning, their website does not properly reflect shipping charges for over-weight items. I recently ordered some rims from them... got an email the following day explaining the shipping charges where different then shown. I checked some other sites and their rates where in line so I went ahead ahead and bought them... kind of annoying but not a big deal.
mwm

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.