Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Yellow superbee done
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownver View Post
Hey Tech69, the car looks good. What colour is that? I've been looking for a yellow to paint my truck when it's done (llong way to go yet, just started on it again after a year or 2 of other things getting in the way) Looking for something lighter than "Corvette yellow" but want it to look non-stock. Do you have any pictures of the car in daylight? Thanks!
I looked at my 1971 PPG color chips and the only thing that I found that was close to the pictures on Tech 69's post was Dodge paint code Y1...PPG mixing # 2211, color name Top Bannana Yellow (explains the green hue...but then it's freshly painted, it might turn black in a week or two...LOL). Maybe Tech 69 can correct me but this is the best information I have.

To me it looks a little darker than the Corvette Yellow of that era and does have a Yellow toner or 2 that go to the green side.

I still love all those 60's, 70's era monochromatic colors...they are different and would stand today like they did back then.

Hope this helps.

Ray