Yep! I'm new 2.... Pro-Touring a '67 Camaro - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2004, 01:49 AM

Last journal entry: Buell Project (eventually)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Cool Yep! I'm new 2.... Pro-Touring a '67 Camaro

Hey everyone! Just stumbled across this site..... I've finally dug my '67 Camaro out from under a TON of crap in my garage and decided that it was time to get back to work on it. However, I'm torn between building my Camaro and building my Mutant Buell project bike. I've owned several Camaro's in the last 18 years, including a '69 RS, but this is my 1st '67. It's actually two turned into one.... Bought the '67's in '95-'96, combined them to 1, & dropped in a new 350 w/2.02 Double Humps in '98. It's been buried ever since.

I've always dreamed of building a Pro-Touring type 1st Gen. way before they ever had a name. I've always dug the look of the old Trans Am series Camaros.....

I would list everything that I plan to do to the car, but the list is way too long & it doesn't look realistic written down. If I think about how much it will cost, it will just get put away for another day, so I just decided to take it one step at a time.

I've named my Camaro "Whiplash," for many reasons--one being that both '67's had been rear-ended (one very severely). Will post a pic when I get a chance to.

I raced a late model dirt car for one year (1994) & went broke.... Had to make a decision to race or take care of my kids (tough choice, but the kids won). I could race now, but I just don't have the time. My time at home is very limited since I travel out-of-state on a weekly basis for my job as a territory sales rep. working for a tire manufacturer.

I just purchased a new Lincoln Squarewave 185 TIG..... It's been 15 years since I've welded anything, so I'll be doing some practicing.

L8model
"Actin' like a maniac...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

By all means do the Camaro instead of the bike! Start a journal and post some pics and narrative.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:16 PM

Last photo:

I started a frame off rebuild of my 1974 Corvette Stingray and decided to build it as a SCCA Vintage class road racer since it would cost more to but it back on the stree than I could ever sell it for. We have two tracks that host races regulary within 100 miles. I got the chassi and body done and was about to cage it and go thru the engine when my company forced me into early retirement. There went the bank roll for the race car. So the project changed in mid stream. It's a handfull on the street, but fun and It gets a lot of attention. I'm for doing the Camero.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capta1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	3270  
Old 12-08-2004, 09:38 AM

Last photo:

Willys36,

I really dig that '36 'glass hood you made.... Awesome! Your journals are very inspiring. Thanks!

Pony,

I was just layed-off from my job last week. I had decided to proceed with the Camaro, however EVERYTHING is now on HOLD. It's amazing at how many choices there are when a guy finds himself unemployed -- it's almost overwhelming. The hard part is actually making the right decision, I don't want to get myself backed into a corner and find that I am stuck and unable to make progress while getting burried with bills. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to save some of my money while I was making it--lesson learned....
Old 12-08-2004, 09:50 PM

Last photo:

Sorry to hear that. Tell me about it, we went from around $100,000 a year with the wife working also, to the present $18,000 a year wife on L&I me retired on a pension, in a period of 3 months this last year. Holly S*#@ what a reality check!! We've survived it and a coping fairly well. The up side is that it brought us closer as we had to work closely together figuring out where to spend and what to get rid of ect. Love your part of the country, been to Sturgis eight times, my wife and I Rode out bikes (pics in gallery) to bike week for our honeymoon and try to go about every other year. This is a go year if we can rob enough 7-11s.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

Pony,

I checked out your photo's -- you've got some great pics. I really like the patriotic theme on the vette. For awhile, everybody was on a patriotic kick right after 9/11, which, unfortunately seems to have faded quite a bit. I still LOVE my country & proud to let everyone know.... It's too bad so many people take our country for granted. I commend you for your service to our country. I grew up as an Air Force brat & really enjoyed the experience (got to live in Guam and Japan). Looking back, I wish that I had put my time in the service, my sister did. I chose not to join as a way to rebel; I REFUSED to cut my hair (of course that has all changed, now). Although, I would like to go back to being a rebel & let my hair grow long & get some ink. I'm just too afraid that it would negatively impact my income in the long run (as my income is ZERO right now).

Fortunately, my wife still works.... I'm guessing that she brings in around $28k-$29k. This year ('04) I brought in around $80k (saved almost none). I'm just hoping to recover enough so I don't have to sell my house & my toys.

I've added a few photos to my "project journal." Hopefully it won't be too long before I can actually add some that show some progress.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Duck Tape & WD 40

Last journal entry: No more Vehicle
Last photo:

hope you have a good stay, nice pics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.