Hot Rod Forum banner

Yess .... i also need a wireing diagram!

811 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  "70" Cougar 
#1 ·
Well i have a 70' mercury cougar and i've looked in the knowledge base for a wiring diagram. They do have some for early cougars but not for my year. So if there is any Guardian angels out there, who have one well that would just make my day, and... my car road ready! So thanks for the help and if you can email me at
billyho52@hotmail.com
thanks alot

#2 ·
wiring diagram

I take it you are looking for a wiring diagram for the entire vehicle?
You might want to check your local library, and see if they have any automotive manuals that would cover your car.
An alternative is to check your local auto parts and book stores for Chiltons or Hanyes auto manuals. Those cover a span of several years and the Chiltons books do have good electrical diagrams in them. You wont want to look for the big hard bound books but the large paper back issues. One for yours will probably cover 64-73 Mustangs and Cougars.

#3 ·
Well not entirely, i need the wiring diagram for the front and rear lighting and some interior lighting. Not to mention i need to figure out all the vacuum lines and so on(hideaway headlights). I checked my local store (Lord co auto part) and they have nothing for me. There mustang books have nothing on cougars. I asked then if they could get one in and they said "what you see is what we have" ..... O well thanks soo much!!! Maybe ill try some other business. I heard that those Chilton's/Haynes books can be a bit pricey, but im a firm believer in, whats a few more dollars right!!! ;)
Thanks for the help Max Keith
bill

#4 ·
Haynes/Chilton

In my area those books range from $12-22 US, depending on the models covered and which brand book you buy.

I dug this up off the internet. No doubt you could find what you need from one of these clubs. One of them may even be able to send you a printout of the whole wiring schematic.

http://207.201.151.117/carclubs/mercury_cougar.htm

At least it wont cost $$$$$ to check them out, only a few emails and some time.

The above link doesnt seem to want to work, as it was sent to you, try this one.

http://www.cougarclub.org/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.