Hot Rod Forum banner

Yesterdays Goodguys show 11-14-15

2K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  whinny 
#1 ·
Had a great day yesterday with Nick at the Goodguys show. We of course were zeroed in on every Falcon to get ideas for his. I love the variety of cars and styles at this event. The auto cross racing was of course a favorite of ours as usual. And on the way home how about a nice dinner at a cool old place in an old part of town. Heck yeah, great day!

Brian

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We chatted for quite some time with the owner of this '20's Saxon what fun that was. He is in to "horseless carriages" and was a blast to learn a bunch from.

Brian

Attachments

#3 ·
I also chatted quite a bit with the owner of the restored Ford pickup, this damn thing was nice. It brought back memories of driving new cars and trucks from the dealerships my dad worked at when I was a kid.

The bike in the back of the truck, how about this, it's a 1937 Monarch with an aluminum frame! The speedometer was built into the aluminum gooseneck!

And how about the Dodge "Rampage", when was the last time you saw one of them?

Attachments

Reactions: AutoGear
#4 ·
The car on the Autocross course is a 2015 Challenger with over 700 hp STOCK! Yeow! The underside of the '57 Chevy was up on a vintage car carrier for this shot. It's wild, the whole room was full of restored vintage diesels!

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Interesting thing about that Green COE. Susan and I were in Vegas A couple of weeks ago and came across this Truck in the parking garage of the Tropicana. I couldn't quite place it so I did a little digging. It was built in New Zealand by a guy that had just seen his first 'American"custom COE. The only one he could find locally was not for sale under no circumstances.

So he built his own. It's 100% fabricated.

Not bad for a Kiwi!

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

I just remembered it was built in Blenheim, N.Z.

#5 ·
Wild variety of cars at this show. The '56 and AD truck are owned by friends of mine. The little Sunbeam Alpine model was cool. The black '58 was absolutely stunning!

Attachments

#6 ·
The lowrider room was full of some awesome cars. Now mind you, they aren't my thing personally, I wouldn't want one. But damn those guys have passion and there were some seriously nice cars!

Attachments

#7 ·
This '59 Buick was wild, I saw the chassis next to it and figured it had one under it. Then I saw that it was a highly modified original, complete with the Buick Nailhead dynaflo and Torque tube! Ran into a few of Marge's cousins too.

Attachments

#8 ·
Dinner was great at a cool little place in a little town that is now a "district" in the city where I live. It still has the same name that it has for a 100 years and was once a bar for years. It's now a great little cafe that does have a number of great beers on tap. There is a bar on the sidewalk you can see in the photo. As we pulled away on the street the owner and a number of others were sitting out there and I rang Marge's bell, all of them waved like they all knew me. It's so nice to be able to "wave" with a bell instead of honking a horn.

Brian

Attachments

#12 ·
You are SO damn lucky to be right next door to Pleasanton. I would love to be able to go to 4 shows a year there. The closet Goodguys to me is Des Moines at a 4 hour drive.
It doesn't appear the grounds were that full. You should take a few days next June and fly up for Back to the Fifties...9-10 thousand cars, 1964 and older...

#20 ·
You know, years ago I wouldn't have liked it much. I was a pre-48 guy with customs up to 54 or so as a limit. I loved the pre-48 NSRA. The show that's only up to '72 (?) The Goodguys have is still my favorite but with the others they have the autocross and other styles, it's really grown on me.

I really dig seeing all the different styles now much more than I use to.

Brian

#24 ·
I also remembered that the paint was something he and the local paint supplier cooked up. When asked about the color he replied "it was nothing in particular green" and it stuck! That truck is painted "Nothing in Particular green.

Like my mustang when tracing the guy who painted it, it's " papanui red" an area where his shop is.

Must be a kiwi thing,lol.:D:D:D

Later gator
Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.