yet more drama from the old painter - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

sometimes you don't realize it till later. I bet you didn't realize it til your next job or perhaps even later?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I find the painter doesn't reallly annoy me anymore. I think I know why. our boss doesn't know about who's doing what cause he doesn't really know the work, but he's catching on. So my job is to bust my arse and prove myself thru my work, and I have, but I never really saw it being thanked or noticed because someone like the painter was always in his ear, and he's all about himself. So what he has done this whole time while being here but not as an employee is, he'd first attack the painter and everything he saw. "Oh he didn't rub that right, too much peel, yada yada yada" Then that stopped cause he then realized he wasn't gonna get his old paint job back. So now he's doing that to me, and it really doesn't bug me anymore cause one of the guys now in the office actually did the work, so no amount of talking the painter can do can change the fact that he can't hang with me in the body dept and they know it. So he has already behind my back questioned my method of attack on the quarter I just did and just Thursday he mentioned it was an 8 hour job and I was taking too long. Most times I would be pissed cause this guy has always been in the bosses ear but I have proven myself and don't feel the need. They know now, his words mean nill. So the head honcho from next door came over and was very impressed with the quarter, which probably set him off(same day as his comments) and a customer who welds who saw the quarter committed to an estimate and requested I do it. These are all things that would piss the painter off being he was once told he might do that quarter. So the owner still feels sorry for the painter and gives him crappy little in and out jobs and he had a small dent lined up. So after he talked crap behind my back about the "8 hour quarter job" the guy in the office stood up for me and said, "I'll give that dent to Henry, he'll have that thing done in 30 minutes, and that pissed him off. That day he gave me a dirty look out of nowhere(for what someone else had said to him) and I found out yesterday over beers. Funny how you see a guy down and you offer suggestions to him on fixing it and even offer to do the bodywork for FREE being it was so obvious he was struggling with getting it right and he then goes and talks more crap about you behind your back. What a snake.
Moral of the story, always do your best and be the most efficient you can be cause even if your boss doesn't know much, if you keep pounding away results will speak much louder than a deceptive guy trying to be in his ear and banking on his inexperience.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

painter still here and it's really affecting the team. the boss is an idiot for allowing this circus to go on. what a circus this shop has become.

Last edited by tech69; 04-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

man, now I'm being asked if I want a job and to name the price. This is getting into huge headache before work land.

Something big is brewing...I just wish I could call in sick for a while til it's over with. Loyalty is royalty.

Last edited by tech69; 04-30-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:32 AM

Last photo:

why does your boss let this ***-hat come in and wander around like that? Its a business; not a reality show. H, man you probably ought to very quietly put some feelers out there and see if anyone needs your talents for a better environment. Worst case scenerio is you get an offer you don't like and life goes on. Best case is you get an offer you do like, you go to your boss, explain that you're considering an offer because of the drama llama that comes trolling around. He either puts a stop to it or you leave.

I know it can be hard to leave, especially in todays economy, but its worth a look.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

thanks for that. I feel like telling the boss this guy is under his roof and trying to steal his guys, which I had a feeling he was gonna do anyways, just didn't think I'd be invited. Thing is, if I tell him I wouldn't be surprised if he told him then kept him around even longer, making matters worse. Me and my wife have been talking about a vacation. Would be a great time right about now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.