yet more drama from the old painter - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yet more drama from the old painter

not sure if you guys remember me talking about the old painter who left stupid signs on cars for people and would demean people and belittle people. him and I almost fought and that was pretty much it for him...or so I thought. So he's back due to a comeback on a Vette he did, and YES after looking at how he fixed it the car will be back again soon. So he's at our shop doing the re-do and some rebuffing on things he did that were next door. So painter #2 gets hired and he's a really cool guy. We liked him a lot but his work was nowhere near the quality we expected. One day the boss wonders where he's at and all his stuff is gone. Apparently, the old painter messed with him to the point that he just quit, and it must have been the 2nd time he went off on him cause everybody remembers the first time. Keep in mind that the old painter is now NOT an employee of the company and is at the shop causing trouble with workers!!! So painter #3 gets hired and his work is quality and the old painter pulls the same thing on him. This time painter #3 reminds him he's the new painter and he better get the hell out of his face or else. So that's two guys he has agitated at the shop. All the while the old painter is being extra nice to me and the old man cause he wants to win us over so we can run to the office and tell the boss we should rehire him...not happening! On top of that you can really tell he's faking it and it's almost impossible for him to contain his TRUE self for very long. So to think about it...even when he's TRYING to be on his best behavior in a situation where you'd think he'd learn something or humbled up this guy is causing more drama than ever before. During all this he's complaining about air lines, telling us how we should do our work, telling the painter how he should do his, going next door and talking crap about all of us as if he's some victim cause he has totally isolated himself BY HIMSELF, talks crap about the peel on a car he didn't paint when the new painter isn't around, goes next door and says the same thing. Just today he's steaming about my game plan on the quarter I cut out but of course since he knows I'm not taking his crap he didn't say it in my face. So I hear this literally getting out of my car going to work and as soon as I see this scum he's all, "what's up brother?"

God please give me the power to not slap the ish out of this clown!

Anywho, please give me some stories like this. I bet this guy is a rare breed. Never worked with someone like that before.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 AM

Last photo:

if hes fired why is he even still on the premises?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

come backs and owes the boss money. Trying to work it off. If not for the schedule that works perfectly for my daughter's benefit, I'd be out of there in second.

Last edited by tech69; 04-03-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:05 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Tell your boss to cut his losses with this guy.

The money will never come back when the company will endure money losses in other ways from this clowns nonsense.

He should know better than to ever bring an employee that was fired back on the premises.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:06 AM

Last photo:

fire the boss !!!!!!

he knows the past history, yet he's letting it happen again..
get rid of both of them.. don't forget THIS could effect YOUR job.
The Following User Says Thank You to delawarebill For This Useful Post:
tech69 (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

yeah I know. It has already affected my job. I came to work yesterday very excited to get back on this quarter, then I heard what this clown was saying and was angered but no biggie. But as I'm working this jerk on a number of occasions was watching me with a nasty look on his face. Just sending off bad vibes. Kind of ruined my day.

Last edited by tech69; 04-03-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

I think a cavalier attitude would be your best bet. I am sorry to say.
Its not your place ,so let the chips fall where they do.
If you give the guy a reaction he will keep his crap up.
Look at north korea.....same bad behaviour...no?
Dont dignify his BS with any emotion or response...trust me he will lose it or leave or better yet...both. You win. Smile inside.
His type is to keep control by keeping everyone around him in a chaotic state . By not buying into his chaos he will realize he has no control.
Hang in there...he will go away sooner or later...trolls usually do.
John long (04-03-2013)
Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 PM

Last photo:

with the old painter , the wyo tech kid, this place sounds pretty bad for your health . I know you have to work some where , but this place sounds like hell for you. I guess this forum is the place to blow off some steam? But man work should at least be some fun if body & paint is your choice. Sounds like to me to move on to the next or take the plunge and open your own so you can do it right.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
I think a cavalier attitude would be your best bet. I am sorry to say.
Its not your place ,so let the chips fall where they do.
If you give the guy a reaction he will keep his crap up.
Look at north korea.....same bad behaviour...no?
Dont dignify his BS with any emotion or response...trust me he will lose it or leave or better yet...both. You win. Smile inside.
His type is to keep control by keeping everyone around him in a chaotic state . By not buying into his chaos he will realize he has no control.
Hang in there...he will go away sooner or later...trolls usually do.
I'm glad you mentioned that cause up to this point I did very well in ignoring his return and it worked out great. The classic songs were coming out of the radio and before you know it the clock hits 5. Today, I kind of came into work with a chip on my shoulder cause I dwelled on it and was ready to lash out at him like I was waiting for him to say something. Much better to ignore it, but sometimes the stories are just too outlandish and so I posted it up. This guy is a nut.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
with the old painter , the wyo tech kid, this place sounds pretty bad for your health . I know you have to work some where , but this place sounds like hell for you. I guess this forum is the place to blow off some steam? But man work should at least be some fun if body & paint is your choice. Sounds like to me to move on to the next or take the plunge and open your own so you can do it right.
yeah, eventually I will do my own thing but I like working with the cars we get from next door. With how things are going, it seems wise to just do the best work I can and just build more of a reputation and let the chips fall where they may. The well being of my daughter is #1 and we find it hard to just interview a couple babysitters and go, "ok, which one." That's our baby girl and that's what would happen if I had to work a full 40 hours a week.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

hahahaha.. either your full of b/s or your boss is stupid..
most people that build there own company/business are not stupid.. unless this is the 2nd gen owner running it now.. lol
somethings rotting in denmark, no owner brings back a "problem" no matter the money owed..
good luck.. it's not gonna end well..

just how "coloured" has your side of the story been??
Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

re read it. the facts are he has gotten into it with 2 employees while not being an employee. If you read it again let me tell you, those ARE the facts. What's not facts is what I think about it. Think what you want.

To add onto that, the boss may not be honest about the situation and maybe he's still the owner(old painter). Maybe the boss is just his manager, maybe the old painter has something on the boss that keeps him around, and there's a lot of stuff you can get this guy on. I dunno.

No, he didn't start this company, the old painter did and sold it to him. Pretty soon they'll catch on next door(I'm not snitching) about the direction he's going and
that's a good reason to stick around. It's inevitable.

You know, you hear a lot from the older guys about my generation and how they're so much smarter but in MY generation and where I'm from, it's not a very good look to be an obvious hater. When people from my generation are haters they know it's not a good look so they mask it. You older guys don't seem to mind and go about your hating like it's not a thing. Bro, being a hater is equivalent to being a rat. have a good day, hater.

Last edited by tech69; 04-04-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I feel bad for the guy now, the car failed. It was only supposed to be a spot job but he tried to do the right thing and paint the whole car. He let it cure in the sun and it bubbled up and the seam in the fender was showing up again. Not sure I have an answer but when the seam showed up the first time I think I would have opened it up grooved it out, let it sit in the sun, and then reinforced it. Again, no fiberglass expert but I'm guessing air in the glass/previous repair or solvents? The one thing I really respected about this guy is his dedication to satisfy the customer. That's one thing he does that I truly admire and so I feel bad this happened to him. I hope he comes back and does the right thing. I told him to call SPI Barry and that I'd look on line for some solutions on what next.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

today I told the painter about heating up the glass and getting out the air. he sounded hesitant due to the body line on the fender. Not trying to be superman here but tomorrow I will offer to do the bodywork for free. that bodyline would be easy for me and at this point you hate to see a guy doing a car twice for free. Long as he does the glass I'll do the mud and maybe somewhere along the line in the future we meet again with a better understanding of each other.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
boatbob2

Making Paint

I worked at this company that actually made house paint,they had a huge machine (where they ground all the various things rhat made up the paint,)so the boss got snotty,and fired the guy that made the paint,they called him back on saturday,cause they needed to make more paint,so,he put everything into the machine at the same time (thats a no-no)he mixed it,got his money told the boss to stuff it and left,on Monday as they were putting the paint into 5 gallon buckets they noticed the paint was very chunky( not usuable),cause the stuff was not ground correctly,i started laughing my A%% off at the boss,so he fired me too,best thing that ever happenned to me..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.