Hot Rod Forum banner

Are your projects never-ending?

579 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bonuts 
#1 ·
Hey All.
Just got back from putting the rebuilt rear back in the Gremlin. It seems that after I do many tasks on the Gremlin, there are always a million more to do. Anyone else go thru this?
I drove it afterwards and although it was fun, it still needs adjustments and such. I need disc brakes on the front to cure the shimmy due to the aftermarket rims not setting flush. Im wanting to change to a mechanical pump from a Holley blue to decrease noise since the Gremlins short wheel base sets it close to me I can hear it.(anyone want to buy a fuel pump?). And I need to carpet the back area and add about 2 inches worth of wheel spacers in the back.
Just seems like theres always something. HG

#2 ·
umm well I'll sum it up in a list for the camaro

finish hood scoop
make and install subframe connectors
this summer paint job
exhaust that can be adapted for long headers
as soon as I have money 400 build up
9 inch rear end
t-56 tranny with new stronger driveshaft
fat tires and rims
redo interior hopefully in leather, all black with roll bar
stereo
somewhere along there I gotta find cash for light blackouts and window tinting

Also I don't want my car to be all show and no go so thats why I'm doing the engine as early as I can. It's still going to be a "305" with just a little work like say 400 replacment.

#4 ·
Yeah mines a z but mine is a 3rd generation and neils is a second gen.

too bad I don't like the second gen style as much as the 3rd, or if the birds were cheaper from the 2nd gen. Oh well about the only thing a 3rd gen is good for is either potential or baggin. I've done the baggin now I gotta get it to it's full potential. Then bag it again and the cycle continues :D

#5 ·
The only time a project is completed is when you sell it. Sometimes even then, you find something which was supposed to go with the car and end up chasing down the new owner to give it to him. Even the guys who own absolute trailer queen #1 cars on the show route always have something that they want to fix, change, clean, etc.

#6 ·
Sounds like your preachin' to the choir Hemmie. No project is ever done, for me and anyone I know anyways. Up for this year putting in the new 700r4 tranny, build the tonneau cover (thats been planned for the last 3 years, maybe this year), single drive shaft instead of having a steady bearing robbing power and squeaking, and hopefully in the fall adding another colour (getting kinda sick of orange only), probably purple. Love that purple/orange combo. Although my interior is finally finished. Oh yeah also got a stereo to install this year. I'm quitting on the S-10 here soon though, I really want my Cadillac done, need a cruiser.

bonuts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.