youtube video my friend Pete posted up - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

youtube video my friend Pete posted up

This video is pretty funny and is true. Edit: not slandering any specific website. It's just websites in general.

Advertisement

Last edited by tech69; 03-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 11:39 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Seems he's all upset because he got banned from a worthless P.O.S. site that hands out bans to anyone that thinks outside the H.A.M.B.'s narrow minded area of thinking,
WELCOME to the HAMB banned club,, I am also a PROUD member,,
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM
More dogs than bones

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

Sometimes I think my penis has magical powers, and it levels up every time I swear. I'm thinking he believes in this too.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Rat View Post
Seems he's all upset because he got banned from a worthless P.O.S. site that hands out bans to anyone that thinks outside the H.A.M.B.'s narrow minded area of thinking,

He was also banned from here. He has a problem with discussing things with others.

Brian
Old 03-21-2013, 11:59 AM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
I heard some rude responses on that site. don't see those attitudes on this forum but have read some over there. Then again, there's guys like Jamey jordan who's work is amazing and comes off as humble as pie on that site. I like the knowledge on that site but it's like walking on egg shells so to speak-lol
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
He was also banned from here. He has a problem with discussing things with others.

Brian
Yeah, I can see that. If you watch all his videos though his personality is much deeper than that. The guy will say some mean arse stuff but the bottom line is he's really nice. He'll like let a guy bring in his car to work on in his shop but will give him crap about it the whole time. It's pretty entertaining to watch. Currently he has this one guy that just comes and hangs out and I think he calls him "loser guy" or something like that. He'll say it right in their face too so it's pretty funny. He's mellowed out the last few years but he's a classic character and I totally agree with what he's saying in this video. In one of his videos he called them "internet car warriors." That one had me cracking up.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:46 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

I think the basic point of the video is that the internet isn't reality. here you have a man who has been in business for 30 years and does the work everyday and I'd bet my last dime some of the posters who gave him crap don't have half the reputation in REALITY that Pete has, no matter what they know in "theory".
If you talk the talk you should be able to walk the walk. This goes for anything in life.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:29 PM

Last photo:

This is the first I ever heard of this Pete guy,, it really doesn't surprize me that he got banned from here, his nasty mouth is reason enough,,, every other word is the F word, the bunch over at the HAMB isn't much better, maybe thats his reality in life,,,,,,
Old 03-21-2013, 06:36 PM

Last photo:

Quote:

Brian
Thats obvious
Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:
This is the first I ever heard of this Pete guy,, it really doesn't surprize me that he got banned from here, his nasty mouth is reason enough,,, every other word is the F word, the bunch over at the HAMB isn't much better, maybe thats his reality in life,,,,,,
who cares if he cusses? you're not exactly an 8 yr old child watching his videos.
The guy has been in business for 30 years and deserves to be able to post on a forum without people hating on him or slandering him. Opposing views is one thing and I'd like to hope he could accept that on the internet but hating on the guy and name calling is much more childish than cussing.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
put up or shut up

Last photo:

Quote:

Brian
yet he doesn't have a problem with getting his respect thru his work. He gets my respect. This doesn't imply that I know everything he has posted but I
do know he has a reputation, which is probably a heck of a lot more than some of the people trying to "one up" him.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 PM

Last photo:

Been watching that guy for years. I think he's a riot. Takes all kinds man.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69 View Post
who cares if he cusses? you're not exactly an 8 yr old child watching his videos.
The guy has been in business for 30 years and deserves to be able to post on a forum without people hating on him or slandering him. Opposing views is one thing and I'd like to hope he could accept that on the internet but hating on the guy and name calling is much more childish than cussing.
Yeah you're right,, I'm not a 8 y/o kid watching his videos, but I sure as hell would be concerned if one of my grandkids watched his video, I'm not hating on the guy,, and obviously he has must have some talent , so what if he's been in business over 30 years, does he talk to all his customers like he did on that video? he mentioned how great he was multiable times, in some pretty strong launguage,, I could care less how Great this guy is, his attitude took care of that, Lots of people have talent, does he also wear a crown??
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
I have no idea what he can do with cars he could have my respect for what he does to cars but he doesn't for his attitude. Using the Hamb as and example of how people act doesn't work being the Hamb, as many of use has found out is not your typical forum.

So I will give him that, what happened here? Tell me how bad do you have to be to be banned from here? Pretty bad that's how bad, damn bad, F-ing bad.

Brian
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 AM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I don't know the guy past the fifteen minutes that I just watched his video. Seems like the kind of guy I'd probably see hanging around my dad's shop, but that's neither here nor there. He seems kind of naive to forum culture and we all know that in any social situation, jumping in headfirst to "help" people without anyone knowing who you are, or what you're about, can be a tad ego deflating. I think that with a forum, where you're limited to text and pictures, it only magnifies that.

These places he seems to be frequenting aren't some forums about how to install cold air pipes and aluminum wheels on a new Mustang, we're talking thousands of dollars possibly hedged on something that a total stranger is telling you to do to something that you might not have a second shot at.

On the other hand, he seems like from what he said about himself, he knows a thing or two. And yes, he's right that forums are rampant with people that have good intentions that lead to bad outcomes. Bad advice is traded all the time on this wonderful internet. The beautiful thing is that there's more than one opinion, and you don't have to listen to anyone if you don't want to.

As far as it being cool that he calls people that hang around his shop "loser guy" or whatever. It's not cool, or funny. The guy may be a "loser" for taking that abuse from someone, but it doesn't justify his actions. It's a bit of a holier than thou attitude if you ask me.

And hey, you never know Mr. Pete, one of those guys just may have had a better idea for loosening a rusted bolt. It's a thought.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valkyrie5.7 For This Useful Post:
Bad Rat (03-22-2013), MARTINSR (03-22-2013), OneMoreTime (03-22-2013), tech69 (03-22-2013)

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.