Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Yukon 3.75 gears for Ford 9 inch....noise
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 01:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I just got off the phone with a rep at Jawsgear.

http://www.jawsgear.com/

He told me that if my car was in his shop right now that he would put a Motive Performance gear in it. Orange box. He said that is the gear that they are having the best luck with right now. I asked about Yukon and he said those gears are made in India. So, I got off the phone with him and called Moser. I talked to a technician there that sets up a lot of their rear ends. I asked him the same questions and got the same answers. For an aftermarket gear buy the Motive performance gear. I asked him about U.S. Gear and this is what he said, "You did not hear this from me but they are out of business and if you buy a U.S. Gear ring and pinion right now they are made in China". He also went on to tell me that almost all the gear manufactures right now are sending out crap because they are cutting costs which means taking out some of the machining processes on the gears. He said that itís a shame because this is what they have to deal with every day and that it is due to the bad economy. The American gear manufactures canít afford to make the gears the way they used to just 5 or so years ago. If they did we would be pay $500 - $600 for a ring and pinion.

He also told me that if I could find an original Ford ring and Pinion, 3.70, that i would be good to go. I know where there are around 10 trucks that all have 9" rear ends in them. My local Pull-a-Part salvage yard. May head over there after work.