Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Yukon 3.75 gears for Ford 9 inch....noise
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9
I've seen your statements that the axles slid right in and out. If your housing was not straight it should be hard to get the axles in and out.

Have you double checked that your axles are the correct length for your housing?
When I first got the axels one of them was a little to long, about 1/16 of the wheel bearing sticking out and the axel bottoming out on the carrier pin. So we put it in a lathe and cut about 1/8 off. I got paranoid about the driver side so I put a little red grease on the end of it and slid it in. I pulled it back out and there was some grease on the pin so I cut 1/16 of of it just to be safe. I did the grease trick on both of them again and they were not hitting anymore.

I am in the process of having a friend machine me some aluminum collars to make a jig to check the housing. I can get a 1.5" bar for about $70. At this point I am going to rule everything out before it goes back together. I cant afford to keep ruining ring and pinions.

Here is what I am planning on doing, if its straight then good, if not them I have to figure out how to straighten it.

http://www.crankshaftcoalition.com/w...ar_end_housing