Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Yukon 3.75 gears for Ford 9 inch....noise
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9
Your welcome Hopefully that was the problem. Like 302 says.... walk away for a bit

It has to be, I kept wondering where the metal was coming from. If you listen to the Youtube video at about 1:50 my phone falls between the back seat and the tunnel and you can hear metal to metal grinding sound. I am pretty sure that is what it is, it obviously isnt a good thing that they were hitting. One side was hitting bad enough to gall the block pretty good.

Anyway I took the posi to work with me yesterday. Luckilly I have accsess to some pretty cool tools. I spun the 2 halves of the posi in a lathe and checked for runout, we also have a machined flat slab of granite the is 10 foot long and 3 feet thick. I layed the 2 halves on the granite and tryed to slide a .001" shim stock underneath and it wouldnt go. The posi checked out fine. The only thing I found was that the threw bolts on the Yukon case were bent. I have a N Strange case that I am going to try.