Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - zero decking block
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
In cases where the engine is being rebuilt, I would measure the piston to deck on the four corners, and make note of the figures.

Then, after deciding on what piston/rod was going back in, I would ask for the deck to be machined- using the original figures taken at disassembly- as long as they fell within spec.

Now, this isn't for a high dollar race application. It is for the other 95% of the guys who rebuild their own engines and do not need to have the block blueprinted- which if done correctly (blueprinting, I mean) can be a very costly affair, depending on what is needed.

Interest you say coatly affair HMM

If a block is sent to us we sonic test first, clean and mag, line hone, deck, bore and plate hone, light hone on the lifter bores and stroker clearance if its going to be a stroker and final wash that runs 595.00

And what do you consider costly affair??

Having a guy bring his block to a shop and bore it, Them have either the guy drag it back home to fit everything up or have the shop do is going to cost alot of extra money. as most shops get 70 dollars an hour.