Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - zero decking block
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
CNC Blocks Northeast

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt327
I'm not too sure where the idea came from, to run a 9.025" deck. The idea was to relate a number for the shop to use that puts the decks where they need to be- and it has never been 9.025" in my experience. But then, it's never been a straight up 9" either.

It would be a nice luxury to have a blueprinted block for every engine. As long as the specs fall within the (rather "relaxed") GM factory limits, I generally call it good to go.

What is the story on the CNC'ed block above?
That is a lightened Dart block with all the bells and whistles as we worked with PCCW out of VT. that block was lightened, we did the 50MM cam tunnel .875 lifter bores, decking boring and plate honing and this engine was built for circle track racing down south and still is going today and is one of the best engines we have seen on the dyno and the driver who have used this engine says its a good peice as well.

I have some pics of the rest of the block and the finish product. Thanks for asking

Front of the block

Back

Finish product

Car and driver