Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ZZ 502 HR Cam Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think it all depends on how much hp/tq you are looking for-if those are the stock aluminum GM heads, they were made by Edelbrock (look at their part#60459-the GM head has a 2.25" valve in it, otherwise the same)-

If you are leaving the compression alone (?), and using the GM heads, I think you have a couple of choices:

1. Use the stock GM Cam
2. Use the Cam Edelbrock has designed for this Head (which will dictate new Lifters):

Performance Camshafts, Lifter Kits and Matching Valvetrain from Edelbrock - Cam Card Locator

3. depending on how serious you are, you could contact a custom cam designer (someone like Mike Jones):

HOME

4. buy an "off-the-shelf" cam (which can be hit or miss sometimes, depending on the skill of the selectee)-

I would certainly (at the very least) have the Springs checked (you will probably have to replace them)-

One thing leads to another, and pretty soon you are building a custom engine-watch out! Horsepower is addicting!