ZZ4 camshaft - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 12:21 PM
How fast is fast enough?
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 29
Posts: 9,370
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 20
Thanked 370 Times in 349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
That's what's wrong with America.
Really? You've said some pretty outlandish crap before but this?

Everyone that knows anything about auto emissions laws knows they're a crock of ****. The fact that by breaking a lot of them you can actually lower your ghg emissions says how backwards they are.

Show me a CO2e/mile law and maybe we can start talking about justifiable laws. In someways breaking them can be the patriotic thing to do.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:17 PM
techinspector1's Avatar
Senior Curmudgeon
 
Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hemet, California, USA
Age: 72
Posts: 13,173
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,088 Times in 900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Really? You've said some pretty outlandish crap before but this?

Everyone that knows anything about auto emissions laws knows they're a crock of ****. The fact that by breaking a lot of them you can actually lower your ghg emissions says how backwards they are.

Show me a CO2e/mile law and maybe we can start talking about justifiable laws. In someways breaking them can be the patriotic thing to do.
As is usual for you, you're missing the whole point. You and mafiacustomz are taking an irresponsible and childish view of what I'm trying to get across.

Most of those on this board, including you, were not alive in 1970. So you have not lived through the horror of breathing air from Los Angeles or any other population center in America back then. People died from breathing it. People got sick from breathing it. Something had to be done, so the Congress began to inact laws and regulations to clean up the air. It's not like it was done for some special interest group or groups, everyone had to breathe the same air. These photos will give you an idea of what we had to deal with.....
https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...w=1248&bih=665

Here's a summary of the Clean Air Act of 1970, the first of many changes to the law to help clean the air that all of us must breathe.....
Summary of the Clean Air Act | Laws and Regulations | US EPA

Now, along comes AP72 and mafiacustomz with their pizzy little attitudes, thinking that these laws don't apply to them. Well, they do apply to you the same as they apply to every other person who lives in this country.

What I'm trying to get across is that if EVERYONE obeyed all the laws, we would have no need for police, courts, jails, prisons and all those God-awful attorneys suckin' the money out of our wallets and life would be wonderful, just like God intended it to be in the first place.

You need look no further than the 10 Commandments. It's all right there, how to conduct yourself without making waves for others. But you two pick and choose which laws you think you should obey.

And that's what's wrong with America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
How fast is fast enough?
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Age: 29
Posts: 9,370
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 20
Thanked 370 Times in 349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinspector1 View Post
As is usual for you, you're missing the whole point. You and mafiacustomz are taking an irresponsible and childish view of what I'm trying to get across.

Most of those on this board, including you, were not alive in 1970. So you have not lived through the horror of breathing air from Los Angeles or any other population center in America back then. People died from breathing it. People got sick from breathing it. Something had to be done, so the Congress began to inact laws and regulations to clean up the air. It's not like it was done for some special interest group or groups, everyone had to breathe the same air. These photos will give you an idea of what we had to deal with.....
https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...w=1248&bih=665

Here's a summary of the Clean Air Act of 1970, the first of many changes to the law to help clean the air that all of us must breathe.....
Summary of the Clean Air Act | Laws and Regulations | US EPA

Now, along comes AP72 and mafiacustomz with their pizzy little attitudes, thinking that these laws don't apply to them. Well, they do apply to you the same as they apply to every other person who lives in this country.

What I'm trying to get across is that if EVERYONE obeyed all the laws, we would have no need for police, courts, jails, prisons and all those God-awful attorneys suckin' the money out of our wallets and life would be wonderful, just like God intended it to be in the first place.

You need look no further than the 10 Commandments. It's all right there, how to conduct yourself without making waves for others. But you two pick and choose which laws you think you should obey.

And that's what's wrong with America.
You really think politicians know anything about science and pollutions when they write laws? You're citing EPA regulations to a guy who's done a LOT more environmental work than probably anyone else on this board. I can tell you first hand that while the clean air and water laws were a good thing at first they are WAY out of hand.

Instead of addressing my issue- namely that the laws themselves carry little to no merit- you just leave it up to politicians to make your decisions and refute any need for merit.

THAT is the problem with America- people are either too dumb or lazy to think for themselves and insist that someone else take care of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Artemus KY
Posts: 388
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is good and all but can you move it to another post im trying to work on getting my cam and valve springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 PM
techinspector1's Avatar
Senior Curmudgeon
 
Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hemet, California, USA
Age: 72
Posts: 13,173
Wiki Edits: 326

Thanks: 794
Thanked 1,088 Times in 900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiacustomz View Post
This is good and all but can you move it to another post im trying to work on getting my cam and valve springs.
F-BIRD'88 has contributed his time and very valuable expertise in posts 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23, 24, 28, 29, 38, 39 and 42. If you don't get it by now, I don't see much hope for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Artemus KY
Posts: 388
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well you havnt helped at all so stop posting on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hopewell, Va
Age: 62
Posts: 1,228
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 121 Times in 117 Posts
ZZ4 camshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafiacustomz View Post
So what will it do to my car no gains in hp or sound and no power at the wheels.

On the other hand i will get alot better sound some power and more hp.

Its not making any sence to me how a bigger cam with 3 different seperation angle is going to make that much of a difference.

Yes i will need to add more fuel which a 350 chip will give easy but it will run and sound better thin befor.
Here is an article on understanding Lobe Separation Angle maybe it will give you more understanding of changing lsa. Also adding a larger duration cam puts the basic operating range in higher rpms. This is the reason for the torque converter and rear gear change. The stock torque converter can put a lot of load on the engine and kill vac at idle. TBI is a "speed density" system, meaning no mass air flow sensor, and meaning programing assumptions are made about the operating conditions such that if you change any of them (like exhaust flow, engine displacement, cam duration, etc.), you need to reprogram the assumptions in the computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZZ4 Camshaft experiences...My stock cam V/S ZZ4 Cam Calderone Engine 7 01-25-2008 08:53 PM
Zz4 unstable2 Hotrodders' Lounge 4 08-29-2006 01:34 PM
Zz4 unstable2 Engine 1 08-20-2006 08:09 PM
Zz4 Camshaft Sound NAIRB Engine 2 05-16-2006 09:29 PM
zz4 or not Eagle1 Engine 5 07-20-2004 12:34 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.