Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   zz502 chevy (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/zz502-chevy-191374.html)

crowerjunky 01-25-2011 07:41 PM

zz502 chevy
 
hey guys just wondering if anyone has put a zz 502 502hp on a engine dyno if so was the numbers even close to what chevy says thanks johnny

327NUT 01-25-2011 08:09 PM

If you google "stock zz502 dyno results" you'll see that Car Craft did some testing and they made 516 hp and with a little tweaking got 528 hp. Lots of info on Mr. Google....

mud.man.rj 01-25-2011 08:17 PM

502
 
Ya they dynoed one on Hotrod tv and it exceeded the stock rating. :D

crowerjunky 01-25-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mud.man.rj
Ya they dynoed one on Hotrod tv and it exceeded the stock rating. :D


10-4 thanks for the info thats cool just wanted some real world numbers not just what chevy says :thumbup: johnny

American Muscle 01-25-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crowerjunky
10-4 thanks for the info thats cool just wanted some real world numbers not just what chevy says :thumbup: johnny

Went to a car show last year and they brought the dyno out. Pay $75 and you could get dynoed. Guy had 68 camaro with the 502 in it. They had a big srceen monitor set up so we could see numbers. He had exactly 503hp/600ft lb tq. Id say i was pretty convinced

mud.man.rj 01-25-2011 08:32 PM

502
 
That 503 is rear wheel horsepower too so with the powertrain loss that is a real good number. :thumbup:

crowerjunky 01-25-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Muscle
Went to a car show last year and they brought the dyno out. Pay $75 and you could get dynoed. Guy had 68 camaro with the 502 in it. They had a big srceen monitor set up so we could see numbers. He had exactly 503hp/600ft lb tq. Id say i was pretty convinced


NOW IS THAT WITH THE STOCK CAM OR AFTERMARKET ID BE IMPRESSED IF THATS THE STOCK CAM

American Muscle 01-25-2011 09:12 PM

If im not mistaken the only mods he had done was a cold air intake. It didnt have a real choppy idle but sounded mean. He stood around for a second as we looked at his car and I over heard him say cold air intake. Otherwise straight from GM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.