|Hotrodders Bulletin Board Guidelines
Placing Questions in the Proper Forum
When you ask a question on the Hotrodders Bulletin Board, we ask that you place your question in the correct forum. This helps keep the board organized, and it helps you get your questions answered quickly and effectively. Here's a simple explanation of where to place your posts.
- Hotrodding Basics -- this forum is for all types of beginner hotrodding questions. Younger or less experienced hotrodders will want to post in this forum. Any type of introductory technical automotive question is suitable for the Hotrodding Basics forum.
- Engine -- this forum covers all engine questions, from intake to exhaust, and everything in between.
- Transmision - Rearend -- this forum covers all transmission questions, as well as all rear end and related gearing questions.
- Suspension - Brakes - Steering -- this forum covers all questions related to suspension, brakes, and steering.
- Body - Exterior -- this forum covers all body, paint, and exterior-related questions.
- Interior -- this forum covers all interior and upholstery questions.
- Electrical -- this forum covers all electrical questions. Alternatively, engine electrical questions can also be placed in the Engine forum.
- Garage - Tools -- this forum covers all garage, shop, and tool-related questions.
- General Rodding Tech -- if your question does not fit in one of the above forums, but you would still consider it an automotive "tech" question, you can place it in the General Rodding Tech forum.
General Discussion Forums
- Introduce Yourself -- this forum is for your first post on the board. Say hi, and learn how to post properly. Bear in mind that technical automotive questions should not be posted in the Introduce Yourself forum.
- Hotrodders' Lounge -- this forum is for non-technical automotive discussion. Anything that has to do with automobiles, but isn't a technical discussion, can be placed in the Hotrodders Lounge.
- Hot Rod Art -- This forum is for discussing hot rod art, photography, illustration, and graphic design.
- Site Suggestions and Help -- this forum is for asking questions, or giving feedback, about Hotrodders.com or the Hotrodders Bulletin Board.
- Off-Topic -- this forum is for discussing anything that has nothing to do with automobiles, vehicles, or engineering.
- The Dump -- New posts cannot be placed in this forum. Offensive threads are moved into the Dump prior to deletion.
Please don't post the same topic in multiple forums. Choose one forum in which to post your question.
Obviously, some topics can reasonably be placed in multiple forums. For example, a question about a steering wheel could go in the Suspension-Brakes-Steering forum, or in the Interior forum. In such a situation, just make a judgement call as to where you think your question would best belong.
Click here to see the main page of the Hotrodders Bulletin Board Guidelines
Click here to return to the main page of the Hotrodders Bulletin Board