C5 97 Vette. 6 speed ( Long Highway runs I have seen 32mpg at 75) , F45 Ride adjustable shocks, Bose, Premium seats. Go to www.corvetteforums.com and read the Sticky about the C5's. They had several issues. However I have fixed all the major ones ( I do most of my own work) including what any 20 year car would have.
Here you go:
* Column Lock - All C5's had them removed only a few years old. It was a GM recall. The fix fails and Compliance Parts came up with LMC5 module for computer harmony - Done
* Seat Rocking - Fixed
* Run Flat Tires (Suck). Newer Continental DWS. Better Grip and ride. Small scissor jack and tire goo and plug kit in rear compartments (zo6 had this)
* Master Cylinder - Junk plastic replaced with Hi Perf Tick Performance unit.
* New LS7 Clutch, No I did not hammer on it. Slave Cylinder or throw out bearing leaked and ruined original. New remote bleeder added as well.
* Since you have to drop the Torque tube and the Trans with it for the Clutch R&R I had the Transmission gone through as I had a slight grind in 3-4 shifts. Common Problem because the factory put in crappy synchro blocker rings. Put in better carbon blockers and stronger 3-4 shift for . So now it is up to 2004 and better levels (ZO6). Only have about 1000 miles on it and the clutch. (Shake down run- Drove from KC to Tulsa just a week ago.)
* Added Zips Urethane Shifter Mount bushings and did the Anti Venom mod to smooth the shifting. Added a Hurst Shift Ball knob.
* New Radiator and flushed system in May.
* New Battery - 3 months ago
* Engine is all stock with only an added Vararam Power Duct and a K&N Open Air Filter. Exhaust is stock.
These are a lot of fixes but for next guy or gal who buys it you don't have to deal with these. If you buy one with lower miles you will encounter these. Buy this one and just turn the key!
Contact me - Text or Phone - 816-419-3801, email - [email protected] Give me an Offer!