Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1406 problems and how I fixed them
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 08:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

That is some pretty good info and seems you have picked up quite a bit working on your truck but one thing though when using a vacuum gauge to get highest vacuum on setting idle mixture screws on engines with bigger cams and more overlap they require a richer mixture and for instance on my 350 with a lunati voodoo hydraulic roller cam with 272/280 219/227 @ 50 515/530 lift with a 112 lsa I get around 17 to 18 inches in park and setting the mixture screws for highest vacuum leaves it to lean and that happens a lot on more performance oriented builds. I usually get it to the highest vacuum and then give it a 1/4 of a turn richer and it pretty much is spot on. If I don't have my gauge out I use the old edelbrock method and turn it slowly in and then when it starts to stumble I back it out a 1/4 or a turn when I am in a pinch and man it works every time. Edelbrock's are pretty simple to tune it just takes time like you have discovered and when one learns how each circuit works etc it makes tuning a lot easier. Good write up.