1929 Marmon Front Sheet Metal? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2017, 11:59 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

1929 Marmon Front Sheet Metal?

Hi guys, I have a question for anyone out there that might see this? I have a 1929 Marmon that I first saw when I got home from the service in 1969. After 50+ years of sitting out in the weather the car has fallen apart because of the wood used to hold it together. I'm not worried about that as I have did body work for the past 40+ years. What I would really like to know is: Do any of you know if I can use a (Buick, chevy, dodge,whippet, ford,ect ) Hood and radiator support for my car? I realize that there may be some modifications but I THINK that MOST of the 4 door sedan bodies from(lets say) 1927,8,9,30,32 & 32 ) were basically the Same cowl. I don't have any of the nose parts as some farmer at some time must have ruined his 1935 Chevrolet and put this Marmon body on it to get a few more years out of it. I have it in my shop now replacing the wood with Metal. That I can do but I will have to scrounge up a nose somewhere and my pockets aren't deep like some of the big boys out there that can drop 20 grand on an old rig. Thanks, Warren in Montana

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Wiki Edits: 3

https://www.google.com/search?q=1929...w=1093&bih=510

This is a rod am I right.. Looks to me like you could adapt a grille shell and hood from something else.. you can make a hood with some sheet metal and patience as well..

Good luck with your project..

Sam
Old 12-16-2017, 01:26 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Marmons

Yes , it will be a rod when and if I get done with it. I'm 70 now and don't work as fast as I used to ! I have always like the older cars but by now the coupes are like hens teeth to find and I just can't afford to go that route. I think I will try to scrounge up some nose parts at that Portland Swap meet coming up this May. If I can get something close , I am pretty sure that I can make it fit. My 35 Chevy Masters frame is already a boxed frame so I will use that along with the front end (which I will convert to disc brakes) and then I will have to get a rear end as I don't have one yet. At present I'm building the foundation out of inch and a half square tubing that will go on the frame. One inch thin wall tubing has been working well for the inner door pieces along with some one by two inch tubing for some of the other places such as sill plates. It's quite a job but for me it's a labor of love.
PS- There really are people out there. I was wondering about this site?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in