Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 1932 Ford TCI Frame
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1932 Ford TCI Frame

I had an opportunity to go to my favorite car show, as I do each year, and found this time a dozen '32 Fords (full fendered) of all types; sedans, fordors, coupes, roadsters. They were taking their yearly jaunt and this time it was to this show. They were all from California and they were spectacular. Upon talking to a few of the owners, I found that they all had TCI frames and all of them had problems in one way or the other. I mentioned that I had to cut my fender braces to get clearance for the IFS and they had to do this as well. However, when I asked what they did for clearance (my 195x65x15 tire hits the top of the fender brace when bounced), some remarked that they solved the problem by cutting the fender brace at the head light bar bolts and then welding a strap of metal to it to catch the outer fender bolt. This gave an additional 1 1/2" clearance. I've never heard of anyone doing that (and liking it) and wonder if anyone has done this procedure? Some even used a 14" wheel, for additional clearance, but that is not what I'm looking for.