1933 Ford with 40'ish Ford parts? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

1933 Ford with 40'ish Ford parts?

Thanks for take a peek at my post. I am replacing the worn worm gears on my 1933 Ford 5 window coupe. As we were disassembling the steering box, I did notice the worn 2 teeth worm gears and worn steering sector. As I was looking for replacement parts online, I noticed the steering sector wasn't matching up with the pictures I was seeing for a 1933 Ford car. I know several things, like the bumper, headlights and a few other things were from am early 40's Ford car but not sure of how much was changed.

Really need some advice from someone smarter and more experienced than me. I will try to upload some pictures to show what I have and hopefully someone can tell me what I need. I guess I will stay with the modifications already made and go with what I need to replace what I have now.
Thanks for any comments and advice anyone wants to leave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	436531   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	436533   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	436535  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2018, 09:56 PM

The following might sound ridiculous, but with experience doing some restos on 60's and 70's Ford/Lincoln I was at a dead end for several parts you can no longer get..., anywhere. However, I was able to find the "un-findable" through Ford Tractor Parts. It seems Ford made several items used in the cars also for the tractors of the same year. Because of this they still make these parts under a Ford Part Number, but if you look under the Automotive part number, you will not find it.

You might be able to find the gears you need under Ford Tractor for that year. It might be a dead end, but might be worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to Foperfoauto For This Useful Post:
techinspector1 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll look into this.

Old 10-14-2018, 11:22 PM

Hope it helps

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in