Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 231 V6
Thread: 231 V6
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 12:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Buick or Chevy 231

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cs...162566470.html

and as you can see, the distributor is in the front of the motor. I did do the research on this and this motor was used in a 1980 Camaro so I am fairly confident that this was the original motor even though it may be a Buick designed motor. I did run across a few others that said the Chevy and Buick 231 motors were NOT the same in many respects. I have no clue if they know what they are talking about.... All I need to know, because I cannot use the standard motor mounts (conflict with steering), that I wanted to know if anyone had ever installed a Speedway Motors front tubular mount system on this motor and if the bolt holes are in the same location IF it is a Buick design. I have a friend with this system installed and tomorrow I am going over to measure everything, but I will be driving over 150 miles to look at this motor and don't want to do that if someone says the casting of this block is completely different than a SBC... please advise if you have installed one this way... and as always... thanks