Hot Rod Forum banner

2nd gen Camaro/Trans am parts

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gearheadslife 
#1 ·
Hey I got a 1977 Camaro that is pretty bruised up on the front, killer deal on a 78-81 entire front clip. Can i sap these parts out on my camaro if I sap out both fenders and the entire nose? and then my camaro's fiberglass cowl hood should still fit right on (4 hood pins)? Comparing pics it should look ok minus the rear bumper which i would try and find a glass one.

The car is a racecar, I feel awful ruining the integrity of the car but I need the car as light as i can and this T/A front clip is a steal @$300 please someone let me know if my thinking is corect

#2 ·
Hood line on the nose is different in the poncho. You'd need a Firebird or T/A hood. I may regret saying this in ten years, but right now... There's very few valuable 75+ F-bodies. I wouldn't be too worried about it being a bastard child.

OT but My 65 C-10 has a GMC bed on it, the tailgate still says GMC. Makes my dad cringe everytime he sees it, haha.

#3 ·
the t/a clip is 79-81 or 77-78
you'll have to look at pontiac doors and your's to see if the front curve is the same(i'll bet it is)
I'd keep looking and find a 77 up camaro..
you'll need a 79-81 t/a front light harness as the light placement is different and your camaro harness won't work, and the t/a 4 eyes and camaro 2 eyes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.