33 Ford replacement panel for fuel tank? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans Advertise
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2019, 09:43 AM
31ROC's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 382
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 15
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
33 Ford replacement panel for fuel tank?

Not liking the fuel tanks that hang out the rear, I'm replacing mine with a cell in the trunk. I attached pics of lower panel removed, exposing tank for removal.
Is there such thing of a replacement panel to finish off the rear without the fuel tank and existing panel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191227_113112.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	450781   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191227_113224.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	450783   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191227_113236.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	450785  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,315
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 236
Thanked 518 Times in 412 Posts
If you massaged that fuel tank a good amount with a body hammer or a welder/ cutter to add a angle /remove that corner sticking out you might be able to fit a stock panel over it then modify that for a filler neck giving a stock look.

Or if possible move the tank forward and add more angle to the filler neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-27-2019, 03:58 PM
idrivejunk's Avatar
Grand Prix User

Last journal entry: Last look
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NW AR, USA
Age: 53
Posts: 4,428
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 5,096
Thanked 6,162 Times in 3,569 Posts
This is a car I worked on that already had this panel on it.

But I see theres a gas cap there. I bet different styles are available. That one is steel and needed brackets connecting bumper to frame. Anyway, I don't know what its called or where it came from... but would it be what you are looking for? Try the search terms "33 Ford gas tank cover" or "33 Ford roll pan". I found this:

1933-34 Ford Gas Tank Cover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to idrivejunk For This Useful Post:
31ROC (12-28-2019)

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.