Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 383 Stroker clearance question
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

383 Stroker clearance question

Okay guys, building my first supercharged stroker motor and need a little advice. This is the combo I went with:
5.7" Eagle forged H-Beam rods,
3.750" Eagle Forged Crank,
JE Premium Forged inverted dome pistons (8.7:1 c/r with 64cc heads)

I was planning on doing the clearance work on the block myself, but I ran into more problems then I expected. The pistons are scraping the counterweights on the crank, the machine shop says to grind the pistons down it could be over $100 in work and it's "kind of dangerous" lol, if I were to just swap the rods for a set of 6" It would probably clear the pistons but I don't really want to go with a 6" rod because of the faster rev's of a 5.7" rod. I also debated on just trading the crank for a normal 350 crank and screw going with the whole stroker setup, but then I was told that a normal crank wouldn't work with the JE piston's.. sooo, what do you guys think would be the best bet, have them machine the pistons to clear or just go with 6" rods? Keep in mind it's going to be a vortech supercharged setup.
Thanks